Stations merging into Radio Greenbrier

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Mr. Jones

Stations merging into Radio Greenbrier

Post by Mr. Jones »

All Access:
TODD P. ROBINSON's WVJT, LLC and MICHAEL KIDD's GREENBRIER RADIO are merging into RADIO GREENBRIER, with ROBINSON contributing Adult Standards daytimer WSLW-A/WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, WV and Oldies WRON-F (97.7 RON FM)/RONCEVERTE, WV to the new company and KIDD putting Talk WRON-A/RONCEVERTE and Country WKCJ (THE BEAR 103.1)/LEWISBURG, WV into the merged entity. WSLW has an application on file to move all the way to BEXLEY, OH (COLUMBUS) and WRON-F has an application with the FCC to move south closer to ROANOKE and BLACKSBURG with the city of license changing to ELLISTON-LAFAYETTE.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

There are already three AMs in Columbus that struggle to show every time, and I believe every logical format has been tried. Except Radio Disney. And land anywhere near Bexley is expensive and hard to come by.

What would it do? Who would listen to it? Who would it sell time to? Who would it hope to sell to? Didn't an AM there recently go for less than the price of an average home?

Leave it where it is......it's almost certainly worth more!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

They are 5kW daytime on 1310 right now. They have applied for 250 watts, directional, on 1000 in Columbus. Obviously there is no way of even getting flea power at night on that channel. I guess they think some fool out there will pay them big bucks for a 250 watt daytimer in Columbus...

WBLL in Bellefontaine has also applied to move to "Grandview Heights" in another attempt to pump up a sale price by getting it into the Columbus market. They are requesting 1kW or so daytime with flea power at night.

I don't see how anyone would want to buy one of these move-ins, or even make any headway with it. Probably the only way to make money is preachers or other brokered paytoilet fare.
contracteng

Post by contracteng »

The WBLL move is being contested by the owners of WMPO.
t
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

contracteng wrote:The WBLL move is being contested by the owners of WMPO.
... there, buddy.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.