What does your phone number spell?

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Force Commander

What does your phone number spell?

Post by Force Commander »

I thought with all the talk of the new WVA area code, this might be a good time to introduce you to this fun toy to play with.

http://www.phonespell.org/

Whoops, forgot to put the URL in!

I have went through an area code change. Those who wanted the overlay over a split long term I suspect will come to regret that thought. Oh well.
Last edited by Force Commander on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
David Paleg

Re: What does your phone number spell?

Post by David Paleg »

Force Commander wrote:this might be a good time to introduce you to this fun toy to play with.
What fun toy? Are you referring to PhoneSpell.org?

30 years ago next month, the phone number was assigned to me by the phone company. I found out later that the last four digits spell out "TILT." Since I like pinball games more than video games, it gave friends and family members a way to remember it. When I first got a cell phone, I asked about that number and it was available, so I got it there, too.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."