An Irate Listener

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

lastone

An Irate Listener

Post by lastone »

Not me, my older sister. She is a die hard fan of WTCR. If the radio is on, thats the station....the only station. Well today she was pissed at the station. My mistake was inquiring why. "The damn thing goes off the air all the time." "What was you average (up) time when you were an engineer? 99.9 % over a year or something". "They've got problems. You should call em' !" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After many questions (and about an hour), I think I have determined the station isn't going off air, but rather the audio frequently goes dead. Or as she says "stops".

For this kind of anger from her, I have to conclude the problem is real and perhaps continuing.

I know you're on here guys....is there a known problem with the audio? Or perhaps something 'downstream' you don't know about? You know only 1 in 100 will say anything....most will turn it off or switch stations.

I am guessing the answer will be "auto" as Genlock calls it ! :)
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
Cameron

Re: An Irate Listener

Post by Cameron »

Sorry.

They're not allowed to reply.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Cameron wrote:Sorry.

They're not allowed to reply.
Nice avatar, Cameron. This marks the first time I have every seen a Stereo AM receiver. Who knew.

On a related note, I watch Bonanza in high definition the other day. You would be surprised how much younger Ben Cartwright looks in HD.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Big Media wrote: Nice avatar, Cameron. This marks the first time I have every seen a Stereo AM receiver. Who knew.
Dad had a Motorola Q Sound AM Stereo receiver in his 1986 Buick Riviera. I thought that technology had disappeared.

Back on topic, could this have something to do with the CC personnel actions today?
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

a. The Clear Channel personnel actions are, by all accounts, to be made public, including to the affected employees tomorrow, so I doubt it.

b. Most accounts say most of the job losses will be in sales...and among the least effective sales people. We shall see.