VOIP for Business

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Hoosier Daddy

VOIP for Business

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Anyone here ever used VOIP services for business? I'm looking at helping a recently-retired friend set up a small office at his home. He needs a business phone (one line) with call forwarding and voice mail capabilities, and a separate fax line. There are some attractive plans from Vonage, Time Warner, etc. that offer a whole lot of features for a lot less than Verizon does. My personal experience with Vonage has been good, but that's for a second phone line with the nationwide free long distance. Anyone use internet-based phone lines for business? If so, what is your experience - both good and bad.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
fearpeddler

Re: VOIP for Business

Post by fearpeddler »

been using internet based phone in my home now for about a year, hasnt given me any grief yet..
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

It works very well. The lines in and out of the corporate offices that I work all VOIP based and we don't have any problems.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Several of our offices tried it with limited success. However, I blame our IT department, who is probabily tracing my IP address as we speak. I will be getting a visit very soo.... oh, never mind. They are already here. Damn. Red handed and all.