Need some prayers for our Engineer...

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Rock

Need some prayers for our Engineer...

Post by Rock »

Gang, I don't know if many of you know wayne Boone, but he's pretty much the contract engineer of all the stations south of Charleston & into Virginia...laid up in a Beckley hospital with pneumonia, and it's not looking good...critical condition in ICU..I'd appreciate a prayer if you're so inclined. the old man means a lot to us.. :(
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Rock

Re: Need some prayers for our Engineer...

Post by Rock »

Sadly, Wayne passed this morning. The WV radio community has lost an incredible engineer, but more importantly I've lost a tremendous friend. :( :( :(
- Claire Wolfe
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Prayers for you, your friend, and his many co-workers in the broadcasting community.

:(
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
contracteng

Post by contracteng »

August 29, 2011
Obituaries — Monday, Aug. 29, 2011
Anonymous The Register-Herald Mon Aug 29, 2011, 12:06 AM EDT

Jasper Wayne Boone

CLAYTON ROAD — Jasper Wayne Boone, age 64, of Clayton Road, was peacefully received by Jesus on Saturday morning, August 27, 2011, at 12:15 a.m. at the Appalachian Regional Hospital, Beckley, W.Va., due to complications from pneumonia. His wife Frances and two friends, Betty Taylor and June Willey, were at his side.

In addition to his wife, Frances, he is survived by one most wonderful daughter, Helen Frances Bennett and her husband, Chadwick, of Brownsville, Vt.; and two of the greatest granddaughters ever, Sarah Jane and Margaret Susanne Humphrey. Wayne’s daughter and granddaughters were his pride and joy with unbounded love.

J. Wayne, as he liked to be called, resided on the Clayton Road with his wife, Frances Hypes Boone, and mother-in-law, Margaret Frances Miller Hypes.

J. Wayne graduated from Hinton High School with the class of 1965. His working career was spent in management and engineering in the cable television and radio industries, where he has many friends who were greatly loved and appreciated.

He is also survived by two brothers, Donald Boone and his wife, Joyce, of Alderson, and Daniel Boone and his companion, Lynn Davis, of Alderson; a sister, Sandra Boone and family friend, Sissy Cole, of Blacksburg, Va.; a brother-in-law, Richard Lee Hypes and his wife, Sharon, of Clayton Road; four nephews, David Wiseman, Shane Boone and his wife, Donna, Michael Boone, Joey Boone and his wife, Hilarie; two nieces, Margaret Christine “Christy” Hypes-Dolan and her husband, Melvin, and Sherry Boone; and several aunts and uncles.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Sherman and LouVerna Ballengee Boone; father-in-law, David Luck Hypes; sister-in-law, Helen Judith Hypes Wiseman; brother-in-law, Richard Paul Wiseman; nephew, John Luck Hypes; and niece, Frances Jane Wiseman.

Funeral services will be Monday, August 29, 2011, at 2 p.m. at the Lobban Funeral Home Chapel, Alderson, W.Va., with Wayne’s special friends Ron Whitt and Bob Spencer officiating. Burial will follow at the Hypes Family Cemetery on the Hypes Farm at Clayton, W.Va. Friends may call Monday, August 29, 2011, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lobban Funeral Home, Alderson.

Family and friends will serve as pallbearers, and music will be provided by Christ Incorporated.

The one-of-a-kind casket spray was created by Wayne’s niece, Christy Hypes-Dolan.

The family would like to give special thanks to the staff at Summers County ARH Hospital and Beckley ARH Hospital, to Betty Taylor for her presence and support at the hospital and to June Willey for her presence and support at the hospital and for composing the obituary.

Arrangements by Lobban Funeral Home, Alderson, W.Va.
t
Rock

Post by Rock »

A tough weekend transitions to an even tougher Monday. I don't know if I've felt such a personal and professional loss. :( Thanks, guys.
- Claire Wolfe
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

I'm sorry for your loss, Rock. You have my prayers.
oldtvman2

Post by oldtvman2 »

Rock my prayers are with you and the family. It is always hard to lose a friend. may GOD be with you all and give you comfort.
REV. ED
amayo

Post by amayo »

So sorry for your loss Rock. As I get older that is something I've had to face from time to time, and I never get used to it. Prayers to you and J.Wayne's family.
Rock

Post by Rock »

Thanks, Guys....he was a very special, one-in-a-million type of person & Engineer. If it tells you how valued he was, more radio people than family showed up for service. :lol: Bob Spencer gave a wonderful eulogy.

Of course, now there are at least 6 GROUPS in WV & Va that are now SOL...our measly little 4 included. :(

Thanks again.
- Claire Wolfe