Don't eat toadstools

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Post Reply
User avatar
genlock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8956
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 4:09 pm
Location: OW

Don't eat toadstools

Post by genlock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm

HARTFORD (CBS Hartford) — A Newington woman accidentally poisoned her family after cooking mushrooms picked from her backyard.

The Hartford Courant reports that 40-year-old Shah Noor cooked the mushrooms from her backyard for dinner for her family last Thursday. The next day, though, Noor, her husband and two daughters went to St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center after they all started vomiting and suffering extreme stomach pains.
The family ate mushrooms from the deadly Amanita bisporigera species, also known as “destroying angels.”

“Amanita bisporigera is what I believe she ate, which contains the Amanitin toxin that damages the liver cells,” Danyal Ibrahim, a St. Francis toxicologist, told WVIT-TV.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."

Post Reply