When in Rome...

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

cgarison

When in Rome...

Post by cgarison »

Or at least in SanFran, you have to see the landmarks.

And of course, no trip is complete without a picture of your faithful steed in front of said landmark. This time, it is Casper, the too friendly, too white, rental micro van.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
The Interpreter

Re: When in Rome...

Post by The Interpreter »

Some visit.

Others are moving there.

Soon.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

San Fran is a nice place, but my favorite spots in the Bay Area run between US 101 and I280 from Menlo Park to San Jose.

You know priorities have changed when you leave this place in Santa Clara...

Drive right past this place...

To laugh at this NFL Franchise's new home because they just acquired the racist coach that sucked in Philly...

Then, passing through Mountain View, you have to work very hard to keep from running into these because they run 10 MPH under the speed limit with a 35 MPH max speed...

Finally, we stop at my wife's alma mater to touch base with a few folks...

And then head back to SanFran to see Twin Peaks and check in at the conference we are attending in the city.

But the best thing of all (was not going to the Apple mothership store to purchase t-shirts to wear into my local Apple store in Philly :twisted: ) was seeing my nieces this afternoon in Cupertino after I picked up my mother-in-law from the airport and took her down to stay with our family. That is what makes the trip to NorCal so special is being with family.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what that is..... :oops:
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
genlock

Post by genlock »

Formerly WWHY, WHRD, WPLH, WEMM_AM. Formerly on 1470 for ages from a site near WRVC.
The tower is in the 4 pole creek flood back-up area from the floodwall at 22nd street west.
In reading the various applications, after someone stole all their equipment, they were sold
a 5 KW "get on the air" transmitter that really didn't pan out. Didn't work, no parts, no hope of parts,
that sort of thing. I wonder what kind of a turd in a truck they bought? And who sold it to them?
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."