WZPS 1200khz Huntington to reduce power

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

genlock

WZPS 1200khz Huntington to reduce power

Post by genlock »

Filed today.

PROPOSAL IS FOR A REDUCTION IN DAYTIME POWER FROM 22 KILOWATTS ND TO 5 KILOWATTS ND, AND ELIMINATION OF CRITICAL HOURS LIMIATION. NIGHTTIME OPERATION REMAINS UNCHANGED. CONTINUED WAIVER OF THE BLANKETING CONTOUR POPULATION IS REQUESTED. THE BLANKETING CONTOUR AREA IS REDUCED BY THIS PROPOSAL FROM THE PREVIOIUSLY AUTHORIZED LEVEL AND IS 1.56% OF THE PROPOSED 25 MV/M POPULATION. NO REPORTS OF BLANKTIING INTERFERENCE HAVE BEEN RECEIVED DURING THE PREVIOUSLY LICENSED OPERATION AT 22 KW. WAIVER IS REQUEST AS THE PROPOSAL REDUCES THE AREA OF THE EXISTING BLANKETING CONTOUR.

Apparently 22 kw daytime bought them exactly nothing.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
RADIOHEAD 1

Re: WZPS 1200khz Huntington to reduce power

Post by RADIOHEAD 1 »

I didn't realize that they had changed call letters..according their FCC site it was last July..When they're transmitter was supposedly stolen several years ago..they
must not been able to replace it..I understand Morentsen does carry traditional insurance..they believe God will protect them...I never believed the story about the
theft..did anybody see a police report of the incident...I think the transmitter was repossed..
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

RADIOHEAD 1 wrote:.I never believed the story about the
theft..did anybody see a police report of the incident...I think the transmitter was repossed..
Good Christians wouldn't repeatedly lie on FCC STAs.

Nautel NV-25s are full of all kinds of lcd screens, copper, relays and breakers. Parts is parts. If there was an insurance claim, I'm sure a significant portion went to the ownership "discretionary" fund to prop-up some other bookeeping line-item.

At any rate, the 930 array now has a butt-load of 1200 reject filtering that really is overkill for 5kW. 1200 really should diplex, do the 22kW, and see if that array could get significant nighttime wattage.
Last edited by Cameron on Tue May 10, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Web Project Manager - Digital eCommerce at Hibbett Sports
genlock

Post by genlock »

Don't they call that "shading the truth"?
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."