just wrong...

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

just wrong...

Post by Zak Tyler »

ok, i was just looking at my station website, and I think our webguy is dipping his toe in the comedy pool. we finished our battle of the bands last night. and it was a 5 judge/5 point system. and this is what I see on the site this morning...
Chaos Theory outpointed Knuckle and Underground Press in the finals of MAX-FM's Shut Up and Rock! 4 Troops! Congratulations!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

I don't get it
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

You mean how Clinton would use his knuckle as a pointing finger because it was perceived as less annoying and threatening and holier-than-thou than an actual finger?
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Arp2 wrote:You mean how Clinton would use his knuckle as a pointing finger because it was perceived as less annoying and threatening and holier-than-thou than an actual finger?

Political! That's strike one.

Or is that strike 3,456? :lol:
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

That isn't political; that's probably the example of "the knuckle" that best and most-quickly pops the mental image of what's being discussed. Without the name, your brain doesn't know what image to costruct, and, without the following descriptives, your brain doesn't know where to focus.

By the way, if that's not the joke Zak was pointing out, then I don't get it, either.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Hey class, as you may be tempted to, do not reply to this thread until Zak has cleared it up.

If it IS what Zak was talking about, I'll let it stand...If not, I'm wiping Arps comments.
304live

Post by 304live »

i thought he meant .... pointed like how you would do with a finger

but a knuckle wouldnt have a finger so it couldnt point.....only knuckle in somebodies direction
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

On Twitter: @LouPickney
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Went both ways, huh? :D
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Ace Purple wrote: Image
was this just pick taken when he asked everyone in the impeachment hearing if they wanted a sniff?? heheh
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

well, see when i read it today it's not quite as funny.... but Arp is in the ballpark. i don't even know the word for it, but the visual i got was someone pointing with just their knuckle, and some one else UBER triumphant that they out "pointed" the other by simply extending the finger.... ok, maybe it was only funny at the time, and didn't translate too well. sorry for the confusion, put your muskets and pitchforks away, there's nothing to see here.
[edit]

BITCHES!!!

[/nunley edit for grammar] thanks for keepin' me straight, i'm not the smartestest fukr around these parts.
Last edited by Zak Tyler on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

You forgot to add the word "bitches" to the end of your last post. Learn some grammar. Bitch.