A Bobby on the Jobby

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

genlock

A Bobby on the Jobby

Post by genlock »

West Virginia has 38 new State Police Troopers. The members of the 57th Cadet Class of the State Police Academy received their badges and diplomas Friday after 30 weeks of intense training.

One of the new troopers has a unique background. He's originally from Great Britain. Malcolm Napier told MetroNews Friday how he landed in the U.S. "I was a police officer in London, England for five years. I met my wife, who is American, on the Internet. One thing led to another and I ended up coming across here and getting married." The couple initially settled in Florida where Napier's wife was a detective. But since her family was from West Virginia, the couple decided to make its home here.

Trooper Napier says graduation day was incredibly important him. "It means a lot to me because ever since I've been across here in this country I have been unable to become a sworn police officer just because of the INS procedures and all that stuff. And I didn't want to leave law enforcement."

Once everything was worked out with the INS, Napier entered the academy and says he couldn't be happier. "It means the world to me to get back into law enforcement."

Napier's says his next challenge is becoming an American citizen.
genlock

Post by genlock »

How do you get a gun permit if you are not a US citizen?

Spike, do you have a gun permit?
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

""Permits, to god-damned hell with permits! We have no permits. In fact, we don't need permits. I don't have to show you any stinking permits."
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

David Paleg wrote:""Permits, to god-damned hell with permits! We have no permits. In fact, we don't need permits. I don't have to show you any stinking permits."
umm sir, could you put the permit application down and back away slowly please...
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.