Halburn Found......

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

soccerguy

Halburn Found......

Post by soccerguy »

(EDIT)

Hallburn, despite his lies to others, is not banned from this board. If he wants "look at me" posted, he can do it himself.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

is it just me, or does it seem somewhat ego-centric to write a news story about yourself. also quoting yourself in the story numerous times....

if i didn't know better i'd think this was some sort of counselors advice to mark. "write good things about yourself for everyone to read, you'll feel better about yourself"

:roll:
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

I thought we killed this thread once.

Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Here... this will kill it again: :)

Andy:

I will be listening tomorrow....

Best wishes on the show!!!

But you have one critic already.

Spike Nesmith "His Royal Alien" a Scottish citizen who has refused to become a US citizen has already trashed you on www.wvBroadcasting.net.

Spike posted, "Oh lord, you lost me at "hardcore patriot". I've got no time for the uber allez crowd either here or anywhere else."

I'm proud to be an American Patriot... Those that are not are free to take a plane or boat back to where they came from....

Mark Hallburn
www.PutnamLIVE.com

http://andyandcompany.com/companyforum/ ... &topic=3.0
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

I was hanging at Nicholson's beach house yesterday when Arnold walks in and says he just knew Hallburn would get off on that bogus charge.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:I thought we killed this thread once.

Well...it was. However, Mark asked someone to post the story. This was "Nomaded". Some will get that.

Now if Mark is reading this...you can post. Using the nic that got you canned in the first place. So..please post. PLEASE!!!!!!
Lee

Post by Lee »

Jesus Buttfucking Christ!!!

What an attention whore!

This guy seriously needs a punch to the face...again, and again, and again....
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Zak Tyler wrote:is it just me, or does it seem somewhat ego-centric to write a news story about yourself. also quoting yourself in the story numerous times....

if i didn't know better i'd think this was some sort of counselors advice to mark. "write good things about yourself for everyone to read, you'll feel better about yourself"

:?: :? :?:
This happens constantly....here's how to spot it:

Arp's Fifth Law – When you see indefinite nouns like "experts," "many," "some," "officials," etc in "mainstream" media, read them "I and people like me..."

Arp's Sixth Law – When you see indefinite adverbs like "may," "might," "apparently," etc in "mainstream" media, know that the "article" is actually an opinion piece! ("I think that (blah blah blah), so I'll write that but disclaim it, 'blah blah blah may/might'....")

Arp's Seventh Law
– When you see a supposed "reporter" presume the emotions generated by a hypothetical outcome in a person he or she hasn't even spoken to, you are reading an opinion piece! ("I would feel such and such, so I'll write, 'So and so is undoubtedly feeling such and such today, following yesterday's blah blah blah.....")

The press constantly writes its own biography into everything! Don't be the least bit surprised when you spot it.