Now O & A are under fire...

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

AmpedNow

Now O & A are under fire...

Post by AmpedNow »

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/05/ ... s_put.html
Shock Jocks Put XM/Sirius Merger In Jeopardy

Xm_satellite_radio_logo The two leading satellite radio networks, XM and Sirius, are still attempting to seal a merger deal under heavy scrutiny from antitrust forces. That job just became a little harder with a new shock jock scandal in the making that could make the Imus story look like a small blip.

XM satellite radio hosts Opie and Anthony recently broadcast a skit segment in which a character homeless man visits the show and talks about forced sex with the Secretary of State Condi Rice—with the encouragement of the show hosts.

The segment is not only vulgar, but pretty violent (warning: extremely vulgar language). As XM and Sirius attempt to woo Capitol Hill for a smooth merger, it seems like only a miracle will save these hosts that were fired before for going over the line.

Video of the clip. Possibly NSFW.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=450

This segment was from their XM-exclusive portion of the show. It was not broadcast on OTA radio.

I guess now the moralists are attempting to muzzle subscription-based entertainment as well if it doesn't meet their standards...

This country has officially lost its mind.

:roll:
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

i didn't hear anything wrong with that... it is sat. radio. and that's what O&A do... it's not like they're actually planning it out.

and come on, who hasn't thought about bending Condi over the podium.......

WHAT?!?!?!?
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Mr. Jones

Re: Now O & A are under fire...

Post by Mr. Jones »

K-Rock wrote:This segment was from their XM-exclusive portion of the show. It was not broadcast on OTA radio.
Why do I get the feeling someone out there will try to claim that they heard it on their local station, anyway?

Just like all those who actually saw Janet's boob "live."
Big Media

Re: Now O & A are under fire...

Post by Big Media »

Mr. Jones wrote:
K-Rock wrote:This segment was from their XM-exclusive portion of the show. It was not broadcast on OTA radio.
Why do I get the feeling someone out there will try to claim that they heard it on their local station, anyway?

Just like all those who actually saw Janet's boob "live."
I agree.

Besides, the bit about the Queen was funnier. "You lost Bitch!" :lol: