Bo Diddley in ICU following stroke

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

Dr. Whiplash

Bo Diddley in ICU following stroke

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

DES MOINES -- Bo Diddley is in intensive care after suffering a stroke. The 78-year-old singer-songwriter-guitarist and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer was listed in guarded condition at Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha, said Susan Clary, a publicist for the musician's management team in Des Moines.

Diddley, who has a history of hypertension and diabetes, was hospitalized Sunday following a concert in Council Bluffs, Iowa, in which he acted disoriented, she said. Tests indicated that the stroke affected the left side of his brain, impairing his speech and speech recognition, Clary said. She has no other details on Diddley's condition or how long he would be in intensive care.

Diddley, with his black glasses and low-slung guitar, has been an icon in the music industry since he topped the R&B charts with "Bo Diddley" in 1955. His other hits include "Who Do You Love," "Before You Accuse Me," "Mona" and "I'm a Man." Diddley was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and was given a lifetime achievement Grammy in 1998.
amayo

Post by amayo »

I always wondered if he was ever in a situation where he had to give his last name first...like the army..."Diddley, Bo!"

I worked with a guy named Dick Long who almost got tossed in the stockade for that....his first name actually was Dick...not Richard.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Imagine the looks that Magic 97.9's Virginia West gets at the DMV.

:lol:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

How cool is this...there was a group of stations I used to work
for, Black Crow Broadcasting in Daytona Beach, and their friggin
Christmas party one year had Bo Diddley for the entertainment!!!
He was awesome!!
Oh, and did I mention that it was at the owner's house....on the beach...with other bands playing throughout various spots in the house.....

Best...Christmas Party...Ever!!!
"The whole thing was just a nightmare," Rodriguez said.

LOL!!