Mistake by the Lake

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

genlock

Mistake by the Lake

Post by genlock »

Great prank, moving those cones

From Plain Dealer:

A wrong turn sent between 200 to 300 runners off course in today's Rite Aid Cleveland 10K race. So instead of running 6.1 miles some of them ran close to 9 miles. And now the results of the 10K race are in chaos.

According to racers and race officials, a police officer at the two-mile mark of the race (see a map of the route) diverted the lead car guiding 10K competitors through the course. Highway cones had been misplaced in the area, and some racers in the Cleveland marathon who were walking the area had also created a bottleneck.

So instead of going onto the Shoreway, the car's navigator sent runners through the Flats, tacking on as much as 2.7 miles to the race.

Jack Staph, the race's executive director, said he had never seen such a fiasco.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I don't get it? Why were the runners running? Was there someone chasing them? With a ball bat?

That is funny stuff... :lol:
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

fanofbigmedia wrote:I don't get it? Why were the runners running? Was there someone chasing them? With a ball bat?

That is funny stuff... :lol:
maybe they stole something... because running is for criminals. :)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.