That's no lady... that's a Wino

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

That's no lady... that's a Wino

Post by CoolBreeze »

I've always had a fascination with Winos. That's what we called em in my day. Now... they are called something more sympathetic: Homeless. I still call em Winos (and maybe Crackheads) They add "color" to the streets of almost any city. But like pigeons... too many can foul a city, especially a small town like ours.

I think we have more than our fair share of Winos/Crackheads now. Charleston has about 6 homeless shelters with more on the way. (Build em and they will come). Now... I cant sit in front of Taylor books without being hit-up for money. But yesterday something happened that I never would have believed: A Wino gave ME money as I was sitting in front of Taylor Books! Hahaha! No! It's true! The greasy dollar bill was dropped in my lap like a dead rat. The Wino mumbled something about photos and walked away. I called out to him to get his money, because I certainly didn't need it (nor did I want to touch it) He did.

Anyway... the guy I'm talking about is pretty well known in Charleston now. Probably second only to Aqualung. He puts-on a fine show almost every day downtown. He's quite a sight, and you can see his fashion sense here: http://www.mywvhome.com/
Last edited by CoolBreeze on Tue May 22, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I saw that dude/dudette leaving Nunley's place early one morning!
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

holy shit i remember him/her.... she used to wear the most God aweful holy black panty hose back in the day.... wow... hard knock life for sure!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yeah, but he/she had MAD skills. I mean, so Nunley told me.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:Yeah, but he/she had MAD skills. I mean, so Nunley told me.
well, of course. where do you think that dollar came from that he.she.it dropped in coolbreezes lap came from.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

According to reports it did have that Nunley smell to it..combination of cigarettes, potted meat and feet.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:According to reports it did have that Nunley smell to it..combination of cigarettes, potted meat and feet.
dead giveaway... the seed burns.