Mark Mills, RIP

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

jag

Mark Mills, RIP

Post by jag »

I read in a Clarksburg newspaper that Mark Mills, a radio station owner, had died this past weekend (June 30).

The passing of local radio station owners is always of note, given the ever-continuing trend towards syndication.

Does anybody have any information in regard to this?
michael powell

Mark

Post by michael powell »

I worked with Mark when he was in sales at WPDX. Nice guy...good sence of humor. I think he bought WHAR/WVHF, but sold it in 2000. Sorry to see him go.
amayo

Post by amayo »

Mark was a very nice guy who took a liking to me for some reason. We never did work together, but he was always one of my favorite guys in radio.

We liked him so much at WFGM that he played Santa Claus at our company party one year. It was hilarious!

RIP Mark...
amayo

Post by amayo »

Does anyone know of an obit for Mark?
ralphallen

Re: Mark Mills, RIP

Post by ralphallen »

I got to know Mark when we were both teachers at Salem College in the speech/broadcasting department. I found him to be one of the World's nice guys and absolutely the room brightened up when he was around. Smart beyond smart. Big pipes, huge heart. I discovered recently that Mark had passed. Harold Norris, i.e. Lee Grant, had worked with Mark and I'll try to find out more. I do know that Mark passed some time ago. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that worked with Mark. He was a real stand up guy. You can e-mail me at ralphallenmedia@suddenlink.net

Rock on!
JKF18

Re: Mark Mills, RIP

Post by JKF18 »

Another staff member of V93/WHAR that had a very good radio voice was Mike Shirley. I believe he passed away as well.