Huntington Spring Book Is Out!

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Agreed on Mark Wood (yet ANOTHER broadcasting giant from Logan, cradle of broadcast excellence...OK I made that up) anyway, a great guy who, from the time he was at the old WLOG in Logan till now, has done nothing but work his ass off.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
baloneysux

Re: Here Is A Little More Detail

Post by baloneysux »

Know It All wrote:Since you kids need more than bone the Know It All threw at you yesterday, chew on this:

What about morning drive in the Tri-State?

#1 WTCR 11.6
#2 WDGG 9.4
#3 WKEE 8.1
#4 WBVB 7.4
#4 WAMX 7.4
#5 WMGA 5.4
#6 WBKS 4.4
#7 WRYV 3.4
#8 WKLC 3.9

Heres the way it stacks up middays in the Tri-State:

#1 WDGG 12.3
#2 WKEE 10.1
#3 WTCR 9.7
#4 WMGA 6.1
#5 WBVB 5.9
#6 WAMX 5.5
#7 WRYV 4.4

Heres the afternoon numbers:

#1 WKEE 11.6
#2 WDGG 10.9
#3 WTCR 9.8
#4 WBVB 7.5
#5 WAMX 5.9
#6 WMGA 5.0
Why don't you show the TSA 12+ numbers and not just Metro? I bet you work with me in the blue box.
Twizard

Post by Twizard »

Wood is a workaholic and for what? CC has duped on him time and time again and BVB stll sounds good. CC should be doing cartwheels about their ratings.
Harry Doyle: One hit. That's all we got, one Goddamn hit?!
Monte: You can't say "Goddamn" on the air.
Harry Doyle: Don't worry. Nobody's listening anyway.
Know It All

Re: Here Is A Little More Detail

Post by Know It All »

Dear Baloneysux,

I can't work my way into ANY box. Blue, black, pink or cherry red.

Love,

Know It All
I Know It All - So You Will Too
kentuckymedia

Post by kentuckymedia »

Honestly, WMGA had a bit of a slip, but the diaries could have landed in the far outreaches of the metro. This happens, Arbitron is not perfect.

But you have to admit, Connoisseur has done a tremendous job with putting on a station and it still doing well, especially in the billing department. The suits at Connoisseur are smart as hell!

WMGA wont flip, it realizes how much of a void it fills, and it realizes that eventually it will do better, but Rome wasnt built in a day and neither is WMGA.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

fanofbigmedia wrote:
On to WAMX, I hate that fussing morning show and I can't wait until its demise. I do not buy that it got a 7.4 either (especially since B&T only got a 3.9). Unless you mean people tuned in for 7.4 seconds and then tuned away. Then, I am on board.
Why does everyone underestimate WAMX? I'm not sure where that comes from. Even if the morming show is off message (I'm not necessarily convinced it is) they are a solid Active Rock station and all of the air talent is totally plugged into the target audience on a local level more than any other radio station in the market.

kentuckymedia wrote:
WMGA wont flip, it realizes how much of a void it fills, and it realizes that eventually it will do better, but Rome wasnt built in a day and neither is WMGA.

WMGA has produced more than most (including me) thought possible. The station has only been in existence for two books. It's pretty amazing. So is the improvement of every single aspect of WRYV. It's easy to see they ain't fuckin' around at Connoisseur. I have no idea what kind of work environment they have and I know nothing about the company culture, but they sure are delivering the product.
kentuckymedia

Post by kentuckymedia »

Yeppers, Connoisseur is controlled by pros. Connoisseur I was a great company, so was Connoisseur II (Cumulus thought it was pretty), so Connoisseur III should be just as good, if not better!

Look at their Erie cluster, Bloomington Illinois and even Billings. They know how to spend the mean green and they know how to run radio.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

...and their Bloomington was "made famous" on that Drew Carey game show the other night....
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

kentuckymedia wrote: They know how to spend the mean green and they know how to run radio.

...and their Huntington cluster is making cash hand-over-...well, o.k. two out of three ain't bad.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Woody Woodrum was just saying on WRVC-AM's 'Insider Sportsline' that their numbers are up 'double or triple' in the most recent book. He says their main numbers are in men 18-49.

Anyone have any numbers to share for WRVC-AM? I don't remember seeing their numbers show up for a while.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
radiovision

Post by radiovision »

EZ103.3FM wrote:Woody Woodrum was just saying on WRVC-AM's 'Insider Sportsline' that their numbers are up 'double or triple' in the most recent book. He says their main numbers are in men 18-49.

Anyone have any numbers to share for WRVC-AM? I don't remember seeing their numbers show up for a while.

2 X 0 = 0

3 X 0 = 0
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

radiovision wrote:
EZ103.3FM wrote:Woody Woodrum was just saying on WRVC-AM's 'Insider Sportsline' that their numbers are up 'double or triple' in the most recent book. He says their main numbers are in men 18-49.

2 X 0 = 0

3 X 0 = 0
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Big Ear

Post by The Big Ear »

Just as a layman, I was wondering about the effect of annoucer changes on Radio Mountain. Not that there's any talent lacking or anything. But people around here don't seem to take to change very well. What makes me think that's correct is the fact that it looks like the WTCR morning stayed solid - again - no voices changed, ratings were good, etc. Other day parts have newer voices so maybe people surfed a bit more. Again, no slam on anyone in particular. Just an audience habit.

As for a previous post, I would disagree with the notion of 97.9 being "right now" all the time. That night show is SO voice tracked. If it's not, it SOUNDS like it. About a month ago (first week of august) around 9pm they ran the little cut where the d.j. says "hi to students at x,y,&z school up studying late with us tonight." Same cut I had heard many times before - except - school hadn't started yet. Might want to look those over.

As for the Dawg, hats off to them. A good mix of music and other things like NASCAR & Marshall and always talking about giving away prizes to local winners. Even if it's just 2 hot dogs at Stewarts, it's still promoted as local.

But in the final analysis, I don't really know how ratings could POSSIBLY be REAL anyhow - especially in radio. If I spend 20 minutes in the car I will LITERALLY punch the presets 20-30 times until I hit something I like for a few minutes. No, it's not ADD... :D But if someone goes into commericals, I'm gone. Bad song? Gone. Dumb caller? Gone. Good tune? I'm there. If a bad tune follows? Gone.

So if someone asked me to jot down what I listened to.... in 20 mins rolling around sections of Cabell County it would look like this: WTCR, WDGG, WVHU, WAMX, WRYV, WLGC, WPAY, WRVC AM, WRVC FM, WKEE and then repeat again probably 2 more rotations over the course of the drive. And if they all suck, I might go seeking to see if I can get 100.9 Chas, 101.9 Logan. WSIP, WPAY or WUGO just to see what's on.
(It also has to do with what time I'm in the car. Top of the hour until 20 after is good, but 20,40, & 50 is break time and that's flip-mania.)

So who would get the credit for that anyhow in ratings if I was being honest and they wanted my answer for that time slot?
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Any of those stations or all of those stations would get a quarter hour if you report listening to it for five minutes. You need to add WKLC to your rotation.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

The Big Ear wrote:Just as a layman, I was wondering about the effect of annoucer changes on Radio Mountain. Not that there's any talent lacking or anything. But people around here don't seem to take to change very well.
Good observation.
As for a previous post, I would disagree with the notion of 97.9 being "right now" all the time. That night show is SO voice tracked. If it's not, it SOUNDS like it.
That was me that posted those comments. My observations when I was in the area and was listening -- DURING THE DAYTIME! I can't pick up Magic at home because of Columbus's 175,000 watt (ERP) WNCI, so I haven't listened recently at night.
As for the Dawg, hats off to them
Yup. Thee's a new Sheriff in town, and his name isn't spelled W-T-C-R.
... And if they all suck, I might go seeking to see if I can get ... WPAY
Oh! Dear! God!
Buy that boy an iPod or something ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.