You Know You're An Old D.J. when...

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

GlenBrannon1

Post by GlenBrannon1 »

No, had the trusty LP. Everythime I here that song, as well as "Stairway to Heaven "and "Hotel California", it must be break time for the jock :D
PolishBear

Post by PolishBear »

AAAaaagh!!! CUE BURN!!!
(runs screaming down the hall)

Seems like the worst cue burn was on WTBZ's copy of "Key Largo" by Bertie Higgins. Stallings may be able to back me up on this.

And then there were those rare 45rpm records that were pressed so off-center that you had to align them on the turntable WITHOUT the adapter, otherwise the pitch would go UP and DOWN ...

Anyone ever do that?
CHUCK ANZIULEWICZ
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Yes, if the turntable allowed it. Remember that some platters have the 45 spindle built-in.

When I committed the music I have on 45s to digital format, I checked the centering of the grooves each time.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

One of our older jocks would adjust the pitch control on the record up or down depending on how much time he needed to backtime into news into the top of the hour.

BTW, speaking of old farts.....does anyone still remember when humans had to backtime? Oh wait, I'll still do on a daily basis.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

daveinthemorning wrote:BTW, speaking of old farts.....does anyone still remember when humans had to backtime? Oh wait, I'll still do on a daily basis.
<cough>

Some of us were masters of the art.

:wink:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.