WCHS Noon Anchor

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Bob Campbell wrote: One more thing then I'll go back to fucking up my show...are there pictures of the new CHS news babe up yet????

There she is ...

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Bob Campbell wrote: And, despite what many think, I believe people are for the most part very honest about their recall when they fill out diaries.
we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

but i'm in complete agreement on the fact that some people will listen to things they say they hate. writing them down and admitting it to the world (which putting things in writing does, mentally) is another story. now, in the future PPM world, f*cking hate me all you want, but if i've got you listening i don't have to worry about you writing it down... HAHAHAHA!!!!!! bitches!

not intending to start a whole new thread, but... PPM will change how radio is programmed, and it already is. possibly going in the more personality driven, feature orientated direction. music stations will move in a more "familiar" direction with the music, and (mark my words) a resurgence in "entertainment radio" will happen... but instead of the traditional "dj yappin' at ya" model that we all (on this board) know and love... it'll be more audience interactive, more end user created content. some of the most addicting and entertaining things on the web now are nothing more than somebody providing an open forum for it's users to create their own entertainment.....

[/semi-threadjack]
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

You started it Tyler, so...

PPM goodbye AQH, Cume rules. coming from CHR I just love that.
That and PPM seems to love Rock and Classic Hits. Sweet.

Oh yeah, the newsbabe. Okay, not great. I'll check with my resident inside source the Bassman on real world looks.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Bob Campbell wrote:
PPM goodbye AQH, Cume rules.
more appointment listening, rather than keeping them hanging on for another 4 1/2 minutes so you can get that next quarter hour....

i'd kinda like to hear what the walls are saying at CC DC... some very progressive programmers in that building. and i'm sure they're already working up their battle plans. we're not getting it til 2010-11 somewhere around there.

the reason i think it's doing well with the rock stations is because it's so freakin hard to get a dude to fill out a diary. it takes time and effort, and usually a little bit of reading. if he could just stick a piece of technology on his belt it would be a lot easier... OH, hey look the PPM..... (would much rather arbitron stike some sort of major cool deal with all cell phone manufacturers to have them build it into all future phone models)
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Bob Campbell wrote:Oh yeah, the newsbabe.
Girl Next Door type.

Nothing wrong with that at all. :wink:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Bob Campbell wrote: One more thing then I'll go back to fucking up my show...are there pictures of the new CHS news babe up yet????

There she is ...

:)
genlock

Post by genlock »

Elizabeth Noreika is doing the news this noon.
She is better known to the board as "ATV Girl" (bikini).
A lot more personality than Meredeth Wood.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

genlock wrote:Elizabeth Noreika is doing the news this noon.
She is better known to the board as "ATV Girl" (bikini).
A lot more personality than Meredeth Wood.
*see previous post*
Schaffer

Post by Schaffer »

PPM will change how radio is programmed, and it already is. possibly going in the more personality driven, feature orientated direction. music stations will move in a more "familiar" direction with the music, and (mark my words) a resurgence in "entertainment radio" will happen... but instead of the traditional "dj yappin' at ya" model that we all (on this board) know and love... it'll be more audience interactive, more end user created content. some of the most addicting and entertaining things on the web now are nothing more than somebody providing an open forum for it's users to create their own entertainment.....

I agree with every word of that.
OSIGURU

Post by OSIGURU »

I hope WCHS isn't making the mistake that WSAZ has made by
replacing experience reporters/anchors with newbies and interns.

WSAZ new is a joke to watch anymore. Especially the am MY Z
morning news with Chris Olsen. He needs to take off some of rings
he has on all his fingers. They are cutting of circulation and making him
sceam the news for one hour.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

*cue Randy Jackson*
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

OSIGURU wrote:I hope WCHS isn't making the mistake that WSAZ has made by replacing experience reporters/anchors with newbies and interns.
To an extent, TV stations don't have a choice.

With the creation of dozens or hundreds of cable channels, all of which need on-camera talent, and most major markets now having four, five, and even six news operations, anybody with any decent look and talent is rising rapidly through the ranks and filling those slots. In the vast majority of markets, that translates into younger and lesser talents filling up the screens.

I'm actually surprised more radio people haven't noticed this, put on some decent clothes, and started talking through their noses and down their noses so they can go the much-easier TV route..... :lol:
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Arp2 wrote:
I'm actually surprised more radio people haven't noticed this, put on some decent clothes, and started talking through their noses and down their noses so they can go the much-easier TV route..... :lol:
Wouldn't matter. I'm still too damn ugly. Plus, Jessica doesn't want me around that many other female journalists.
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Arp2 wrote:
OSIGURU wrote:I hope WCHS isn't making the mistake that WSAZ has made by replacing experience reporters/anchors with newbies and interns.
To an extent, TV stations don't have a choice.

With the creation of dozens or hundreds of cable channels, all of which need on-camera talent, and most major markets now having four, five, and even six news operations, anybody with any decent look and talent is rising rapidly through the ranks and filling those slots. In the vast majority of markets, that translates into younger and lesser talents filling up the screens.
However, two of the four big news operations in DC have released mid-level and senior staff and downsized in order to cut budgets. What makes the air looks cheaper, too, especially on WRC, the NBC O&O.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.