Heroes Find Home In Huntington

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Heroes Find Home In Huntington

Post by Bob Loblaw »

AllAccess.com wrote:KINDRED COMMUNICATIONS Sports WRVC-A (ESPN RADIO 930)/HUNTINGTON, WV will serve as the radio home for the AMERICAN INDOOR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION's HUNTINGTON HEROES this season.

The deal includes advertising for the team on WRVC and sister Rock WRVC-F (92.7 THE PLANET) and Country WDGG (93.7 THE DAWG).
What is the American Indoor Football Association?

I assume this is a time buy?
fearpeddler

Re: Heroes Find Home In Huntington

Post by fearpeddler »

Bob Loblaw wrote:
AllAccess.com wrote:KINDRED COMMUNICATIONS Sports WRVC-A (ESPN RADIO 930)/HUNTINGTON, WV will serve as the radio home for the AMERICAN INDOOR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION's HUNTINGTON HEROES this season.

The deal includes advertising for the team on WRVC and sister Rock WRVC-F (92.7 THE PLANET) and Country WDGG (93.7 THE DAWG).
What is the American Indoor Football Association?

I assume this is a time buy?
the American Indoor Football Association is just another arena football league, the sport has been gaining popularity nationally in the last couple years causing more teams to pop up by the year, Jon Bon Jovi owns the Las Vegas team.. there are more celebs who are team owners too...
Force Commander

Post by Force Commander »

I wonder if they will try to build a small network of stations in the hopes of gaining a following in out of metro Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia. Some of these private minor leagues try to do that, with various degrees of success.
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Brian G.

Post by Brian G. »

I thought Bon Jovi owned the Philadelphia Soul in the AFL? John Elway owns the Denver team in the AFL.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

It might have been brett micheals then, a hair metal guy owns the las vegas team..
Mr. Tom Jones

Post by Mr. Tom Jones »

Ah, yes. This is the league that once had in it the Steubenville Stampede indoor football team, now defunct.

We also note that Wheeling's indoor football team has folded. It was in a different league, however.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Here's info on the AIFA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_I ... ssociation

The Arena Football League's patent expired in September, which will allow copycat leagues to use various elements (e.g. the rebound net) that previous were protected by the patent.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

They have a freaking patent? On football?
Oh....my...god