Steelers vs. Rams

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Lee

Post by Lee »

Arp2 wrote:...unless you want to help exert market pressure on the likes of the NFL Network or the Big Ten Network, two arrogant bastard-types essentially trying to extort huge money out of every single cable subscriber and the cable systems that serve them.

..which, of course, they would have to get from you.....

...probably at at least a rate of 120% just to cover their costs of getting it from you..... Rolling Eyes
LOLZ^%

ARP STARDED SINTINCE WIT DOTS AND NO KAPATIL LETARS HE IS NOU F STEWDUNT LOL~
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Como se dice dipshit?
Lee

Post by Lee »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:Como se dice dipshit?
¡Amperio hora! ¡Su sarcasmo penetrante no está desemejante de su douchebaginess!! ¿Aspira para tener una conversación tan inteligente pero tenerla threadjacked por algún jackass, no es él? ¡Lo he hecho hacer a mí así que a muchas veces que me olvidé de cómo era la diversión él!
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

genlock wrote:KDKA does not reach the west bank.
Hell, Bethlehem is lucky to catch a signal from KYW - CBS 3 in Philly. I am quite sure that KDKA is out of the question.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

This would be the little town of Bethlehem, on the Ohio River. WV not PA.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

genlock wrote:I liked the old NFL films stuff with John Facenda as the "Voice of God".
He was also an anchor for KYW-TV, I think.
Million dollar voice. Probably brought a lot of ratings for the TV station cause of his pipes.
Close. Facenda worked for WCAU-TV (CBS 10) in Philly when he retired in 1973. KYW TV was also controlled by Group W, but it was an NBC affiliate until 1995.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:This would be the little town of Bethlehem, on the Ohio River. WV not PA.
No, I am talking about the little town of Bethlehem which is next to Deleware River and Billy Joel mentioned in his song, Allentown. Shame Easton did not get a plug.

It is on the opposite side of the state, but I am sure one of these communities was named after a steel company while the other had a steel company named after the town.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Paco wrote:
Dr. Whiplash wrote:Como se dice dipshit?
¡Amperio hora! ¡Su sarcasmo penetrante no está desemejante de su douchebaginess!! ¿Aspira para tener una conversación tan inteligente pero tenerla threadjacked por algún jackass, no es él? ¡Lo he hecho hacer a mí así que a muchas veces que me olvidé de cómo era la diversión él!
Roughly translated to engrish.
Lee wrote:Ampere hour! Its penetrating sarcasm is not desemejante of his douchebaginess! It aspires to have a so intelligent conversation but to have it threadjacked by some jackass, is not he? I have made it do to me so to often that I forgot of how it was the diversion!
Dude... that's some funny shit.
Lee's Signature wrote:The professor of the grammar really does not know the use appropriate of the grammar. It as soon as he pretends to be something that it is not for seeming more intelligent than he is really. There are million "correctors of the grammar" in the Internet as well as the treasures in line hardly since there are translators of the language. He as soon as he has too much hour in his hands.
LMAO!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

K-Rock wrote:
daveinthemorning wrote:I have the NFL package from DirecTv which includes the NFL Network. I have to admit, though, I'm not overly impressed with it. Keep in mind this is coming from the biggest NFL geek in the world
Same here. I've never really watched it, either.

I just want the games... I could care less about watching classic Ice Bowl footage.

:lol:
I'm not real thrilled with the game broadcasts. Bryant Gumbel sucks on play-by-play.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

sportsvoice wrote:Bryant Gumbel sucks on play-by-play.
And in every other way imaginable. :x

Man, I already thought the NFL Network was a joke. I didn't realize its business plan calls for viewers to pay extra to hear that f----- call games. :evil: Biggest asshole I ever met. Not even close.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

I still miss MNF on ABC. There's still something missing on NBC.

Also, I can't get used to the big game of the week being on Sunday nights.

For once, I'm actually siding with the cable/sat companies on this one... These outrageous licensing rates will have to be passed on to everyone--even the people who hate sports. It's a lose-lose for everyone except the NFL.

And if they succeed, what's to stop all of the other popular networks like HBO, ESPN, FOX news, etc to use the same strong arm tactic?

Even basic cable will be $300 per month in this world...
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:Biggest asshole I ever met. Not even close.
When I think of Bryant Gumbel, I'll always think of him being rude and condescending to the 6 a.m. producer in Tampa when WTSP did live teases for the CBS Early Show in 2001 on its morning show.

Even if he was a nice guy (which he's not), Bryant Gumbel is terrible at PBP. It's a shame that the possible game next week for the Patriots to go 16-0 will be forever stained by his high-pitched, inaccurate rambling.

Last week, Gumbel referred to Frank Gore as "Al Gore" twice during the game. Idiot!
On Twitter: @LouPickney
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

Ace Purple wrote: Last week, Gumbel referred to Frank Gore as "Al Gore" twice during the game. Idiot!
I caught that as well. Ridiculous. I've seen better TV play-by-play on cable access.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Ace Purple wrote:
Dr. Whiplash wrote:Biggest asshole I ever met. Not even close.
Didn't we somewhere agree that this was a new man law?