Radio people: What sign are you?

This is a good place to drop general and weird news, entertainment, and general show prep material that might be interesting to air talent or producers. Hot dog threads ALWAYS welcome.

Moderators: The People's DJ, David Paleg

CoolBreeze

Radio people: What sign are you?

Post by CoolBreeze »

Study shows being born in a certain month appears to indicate what job a
person will end up with -- but, of course, Virgos are skeptical.

The time of year a baby is born can shape what profession they will embark on in later life, a new study has suggested.

Being born in a certain month appears to indicate the statistical likelihood of what job a person will end up with, the study by the Office for National Statistics found.

Researchers have uncovered that the month in which babies are born could also affect everything from intelligence to length of life.
A child born December is more likely to become a dentist while someone whose birthday falls in January will tend to a debt collector, they found.

A February birth appears to increase the chances of being an artist while March babies appear to go on to become pilots.

Meanwhile, April and May are said to have a fairly even spread of professions, births in the summer months mean a much lower chance of becoming a high-earning football player, doctor or dentist.

The study was derived by researchers who analysed the birth months of people in 19 separate occupations using information from the last census, the Daily Mail reported.

Although these trends may be difficult to explain, correlations between birth months and specific health problems have a scientific basis.

Spring babies are at greater risk of illnesses including schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, asthma and autism.
They may also be less clever than classmates born in other parts of the year.

Research has suggested many of the differences are linked to a mother’s exposure to sunlight in pregnancy.

Sunlight triggers the production of vitamin D in the body and lack of this in the first months of life may have long-lasting effects.

Speaking earlier this year, Russell Foster, an Oxford University neuroscientist, said the effects were small “but they are very, very clear”. “I am not giving voice to astrology – it’s nonsense – but we are not immune to seasonal interference,” he said.

“It seems absurd the month in which you are born can affect life chances, but how long you live, how tall you are, how well you do at school, your body mass index as an adult, your morning-versus-evening preference and how likely you are to develop a range of diseases are all correlated to some extent with the time of year in which you emerge from the womb.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/child ... -have.html

This got me to thinking: Is there a common sign with radio people? Is it the same as TV people?
Most of the radio personalities I've met over the last 50 years were actually two people: The funny and outgoing public guy... and the other was a very private quite person. It's like they flip a switch to change from one to the other, and they can almost do it instantly. So... are radio people more likely to be born a certain month (or months) of the year?

I'm a Virgo. What's your sign?
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Clay JD Walker

Re: Radio people: What sign are you?

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Mine is 'stop'. That or 'slow children at play'
Scott Reppert

Post by Scott Reppert »

I'm a Gemini. That's why I used to get stuck working double shifts...
Scott Reppert
Music Director/Program Director/On-Air Personality
WTCS/WFGM/WMQC/WAIJ/WLIC/WRIJ/WKJL/WRWJ/WPCL/WWPN
Operations Manager: Hope Radio, T8WH, Palau
Production/Editor: "Believe Right" and "MFC WorldWide"
"For mine eyes have seen Thy salvation"--Luke 2:30
genlock

Post by genlock »

Mine is Pi, Apple with Ice cream.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

"42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot." – Steven Wright
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

CoolBreeze wrote:[Most of the radio personalities I've met over the last 50 years were actually two people: The funny and outgoing public guy... and the other was a very private quite person. It's like they flip a switch to change from one to the other, and they can almost do it instantly.
Fuckin' A.
DJSHOCKLEY

Post by DJSHOCKLEY »

Jay Nunley wrote:
CoolBreeze wrote:[Most of the radio personalities I've met over the last 50 years were actually two people: The funny and outgoing public guy... and the other was a very private quite person. It's like they flip a switch to change from one to the other, and they can almost do it instantly.
Fuckin' A.

Agreed
Who killed the radio star??
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

The thing I'm curious about: Is there a pattern of radio people all born in a certain month? (or two or three)
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

I was born in May. Is that the right month?
Schaffer

Post by Schaffer »

December is still a month isn't it? If so, that's me. I'm still confused about Pluto getting fired from the solar system...nothing seems certain anymore.
ralphallen

Post by ralphallen »

Ask many radio people "what sign are you?" they will instinctively yell "I'm a feces!"

I'm just sayin' this is not a scientific sampling and there is no claim of reliability or validity in this stastistical observation.
ralphallen

Post by ralphallen »

Schaffer, I am loving that picture of the blue ribbon on the board...that speaks to my very soul...made me cry...you rock.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

DJSHOCKLEY wrote:
Jay Nunley wrote:
Fuckin' A.

Agreed
Leo Laporte from "The Tech Guy" and a former DJ calls that an "Extroveted Introvert." He is a perfect example of this kind of person.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

If the opening bars trigger thoughts of "CKLW" then that 's a sign of your times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELBPhj1hp0

If this is your sign, then you are a former AOR jock stuck in classic rock hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Q7cP3ij5g
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

If the opening bars trigger thoughts of "CKLW" then that 's a sign of your times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELBPhj1hp0

If this is your sign, then you are a former AOR jock stuck in classic rock hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Q7cP3ij5g