WAJR now on WBTQ

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

JKF18

WAJR now on WBTQ

Post by JKF18 »

Why on earth would the WVRC put WAJR on 93.5 WBTQ? Nobody and I mean NOBODY listens to it on 103.3 in Clarksburg. I understand the connection to local news and to the Morgantown area for 1440. But seriously, anything local they have tried on 103.3 and you can hear crickets chirp. This is one boring station, now taking up two FM'ers.
Greg Goodfellow

Re: WAJR now on WBTQ

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I used to really like listening to WBTQ when anywhere near Buckhannon, especially with Dick "The Duck" McGraw. Also, the DJ they had named 'Chungo' (please correct this if wrong, again quite a few years ago) REALLY knew his oldies!
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
JKF18

Post by JKF18 »

I always thought it was odd they used to call themselves Q 94, even though they were on 93.5. They used to be in an old blue pole building out by the old Ames and Shop N Save.
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Chungo is a walking, talking wikipedia of all things rock 'n roll...I used to be glued to his Saturday night show on B93...sad that a few years back someone bought that old pole building on Rt 20 and repainted over the logo...sad sad day.