Huntington-Ashland 12+ Ratings

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

reeves

Huntington-Ashland 12+ Ratings

Post by reeves »

Cameron told me to post this...

12+ Mon-Sun 6a-12a
STATION FALL 2014/SPRING 2014
WDGG 15.6/8.9
WKEE 10.5/12.5
WTCR 9.2/11.8

WDGG has 20+ shares in 25-54 in AMD, MID, PMD....
The Interpreter

Re: Huntington-Ashland 12+ Ratings

Post by The Interpreter »

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Did WVHU and Mr. Roten even register a blip?

Terp, who has become accustomed to WTOP Newsradio in the Nation's Capital and to WNEW, a CBS Radio station.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Congrats to the folks at WDGG!

It is funny how we are talking about how the mighty have fallen, but I have seen the same thing happen with iheartmedia stations in this area as well. But, when look at the top and you see the executive management bragging they are from America Online/(AOL)TimeWarner, Six Flags, Microsoft (Bing), Enron (yes that company that caused the 2001 recession), and Bank of America Merrill Lynch (one of the companies that caused the 2008 recession). Somebody better put together a plan to save what few mementos are left in the building at 134 4th Ave. Those koolaid drinking folk in NYC sure as hell don't know what it takes to run a successful business as everything they have touched has gone from gold to lead.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
The Interpreter

And the lead has been lost...they are no longer in the lead.

More like sinking like a lead weight. Siriusly.

Terp, once of one place, then the ATL, late of the DMV Metro--more than two years now!
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Congrats ya'll at Kindred!! Great to see things growing in the right direction!

Charleston looks great too!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Is there a story? What brought this about?

Arp, who said WDGG had the better product 10 or more years ago right here on this very board.......
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Arp2 wrote:Is there a story? What brought this about?

Arp, who said WDGG had the better product 10 or more years ago right here on this very board.......
I have to agree that WDGG and the Kindred Stations have been better for quite some time. I rarely flip my radio to WKEE or WTCR when I am roaming around the tri-state. But I have to admit that my dial is tuned to WNKU because I have to be in Cincy by 10am Monday. In my current line of work, that 104.1 repeater is handy.

8)

Edit....

And if I were going to say which frequency had the best product in the tri-state for their audience, I would have to give that to Big Buck Country. I am not a fan of syndicated morning shows plus my mother can hear what is going on with the other side of the neighborhood when JB Miller gives the audience his tales.
Last edited by cgarison on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
genlock

Post by genlock »

What is your current line of work, Jeepy?
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

genlock wrote:What is your current line of work, Jeepy?
As of January 1, I am out of the government mandate/meaningful use, health IT work and back into the groove of IT/business related, process control work for EHR sales and laboratory interface teams, and this new team is centered out of Mason, OH with internal customers scattered between north Jersey, southeastern PA, and the Ohio Valley.

Of course, having the government mandate "meaningful use" of health IT systems turned out to be a big contradiction of terms after the whole Obamacare/HHS debacle. Needless to say, the government teams for meaningful use have been pretty much scuttled in the last 8 months and with the disorganization currently plaguing Health and Human Services, the members of my old program team were transitioned to other roles.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Shoot me a message when you are going to be in the Huntington area and I will take you to lunch.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
The Interpreter

And even though you didn't ask, I'm doing what I have done for years, but now from G Street in DC, with responsibility, currently, for the Mississippi River Valley and the South Pacific part of the country.

Been in DC just over two years now, and live in DC itself.

I was THRILLED to get out of Atlanta.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

genlock wrote:Shoot me a message when you are going to be in the Huntington area and I will take you to lunch.
I am passing through right now, but the next time, when my wife is with me, I will have to take you up on that offer. She is always complaining how she has met very few people that I know in the tri-state.
The Interpreter wrote:And even though you didn't ask, I'm doing what I have done for years, but now from G Street in DC, with responsibility, currently, for the Mississippi River Valley and the South Pacific part of the country.

Atlanta... (sigh)... What potential for a great city full of historical culture which has simply been overrun by a bunch of yankees that have tried to turn it into the east coast version of Los Angeles, but without the lovely climate, the beautiful sunsets, awesome museums, etc.... It was not until our spring 2013 trip to LA for a conference and we were staying in a downtown hotel where I saw from our 27th floor room the casual mosey of workers during what we would call rush hour in Philly or NYC that I realized that folks of Atlanta had failed to implement the southern California culture, but they had successfully copied the laid back lifestyle and horrible road manners of SoCal.

As for DC, I have been stalling my wife on taking a trip "inside the beltway" for about a year. My latest excuse (at the end of last month) is that crazy dude shooting at full size Ford sedans that look like cop cars because I really don't need some fool putting bullet holes in my Mercury or her SHO. I guess I have no more excuses now that I have someone to meet inside the beltway. Wait till I tell her this...... :twisted:
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Kindred is #1 in the ratin.....ooo, look, squirrel.

Carry on with the thread.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Big Media

Post by Big Media »

iHeart stations haven't been mighty since the mid 90s.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Big Media wrote:iHeart stations haven't been mighty since the mid 90s.
The part that is astounding is how they have proceeded to destroy a hefty percent of broadcast radio over the years through their acquisitions. The "homogenizing" of their product across the different markets in the US has had a negative impact on radio as a whole and probably made Apple the the richest company in the world. I know crappy radio in Philly certainly led to me purchasing an my first iPod in 2006.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

The Interpreter wrote:And even though you didn't ask, I'm doing what I have done for years, but now from G Street in DC, with responsibility, currently, for the Mississippi River Valley and the South Pacific part of the country.

Nobody asked me either (and no one may really care at all except the Interpreter) but I retired from the Corps of Engineers Planning Center of Expertise for Inland Navigation (in Huntington) last April. My wife retired from the Corps at the same time. I have been a 'reemployed annuitant' for the Corps since August working about 10 hours/week training my replacement who wasn't hired until September. That will end in a few weeks. I'm still writing about Marshall football for HerdNation.com. My wife and I will open our dog training business in a month or two after she finishes her training from the Karen Pryor Academy as a Certified Professional Dog Trainer.

Interpreter, glad to hear things are going well for you in DC. Make sure things are good and legal at HQ.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra