Jessica Ralston Quits in Nashville.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

genlock

Jessica Ralston Quits in Nashville.

Post by genlock »

No one is talking, but WTVF Anchor Jessica Ralston suddenly resigned yesterday "for personal reasons," and is gone from the station.

"Jessica asked that her resignation be effective immediately, and I agreed," WTVF News Director Boonstra said. "Any further details of her situation are a personnel matter, so due to our station's policies, I have nothing further to add."

Ralston had been at the Nashville station for a little more than a year.(length of non-compete?)

She was also not commenting on why the sudden departure.

Gotta love the news business, demanding answers from everyone else and going silent when it is about one of their own.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
unchoopfan

Re: Jessica Ralston Quits in Nashville.

Post by unchoopfan »

Jessica Ralston resigns as Channel 5 anchor
Brad Schmitt/The Tennessean

Jessica Ralston, a co-anchor on NewsChannel 5, resigned yesterday "for personal reasons," news director Sandy Boonstra said Tuesday.

"Jessica asked that her resignation be effective immediately, and I agreed," Boonstra said in an email. "Any further details of her situation are a personnel matter, so due to our station's policies, I have nothing further to add."

Ralston, at Channel 5 for a little more than a year, could not be reached for comment. But she posted this message on her Twitter account Tuesday:

"Watching someone you love suffer with Dementia can be devastating and it makes them vulnerable to crime as well. Sad day." Ralston also added the hashtag #familyfirst to several posts on social media.

Ralston came to Nashville after 10 years at WSAZ in the Charleston/Huntington area of West Virginia.
cgarison

Re: Jessica Ralston Quits in Nashville.

Post by cgarison »

"Watching someone you love suffer with Dementia can be devastating and it makes them vulnerable to crime as well. Sad day."

So true. But in my case, the person suffering from dementia does not have a clue they have a mental illness. :roll: And to make matters worse, she attempted to attack me with a 2 ft. long candlestick because I took her car away. :evil: But what really ticks me off is that neither the medical community nor the state does not care enough to help these people.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.