WRVC Needs A New Midday Show. Again.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Jones

WRVC Needs A New Midday Show. Again.

Post by Mr. Jones »

Dennis Miller To End Syndicated Show

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/ ... ated-show/
As part of yesterday’s announcement that Jonathan Brandmeier will join Cumulus/Westwood One for a daily syndicated program, Dennis Miller will end his program on Friday, March 27. Miller debuted his show in March 2007 and previously signed an extension with what was then known as Dial Global to continue in 2012. While being fed live from 12-3pm eastern, Miller’s program was delayed until evenings on most of the stations clearing him. Miller recently launched the weekly “PO’Dcast” podcast with Adam Carolla. In the press statement Miller stated, “I’m stepping aside from radio at the moment. It’s been a great run and I’ve had a phenomenal time interacting with my guests and audience. But with so many other commitments right now, it’s hard to maintain a daily talk show. It’s time to pass the torch as I move on to explore other opportunities. I wish Johnny B lots of luck."
cgarison

Re: WRVC Needs A New Midday Show. Again.

Post by cgarison »

Does Adam Corolla make that much money podcasting? I know a few podcasters that make money, but they have to heavily reinvest in huge amounts of video and audio production equipment and have a tremendous number of resources provided to them in the way of advertising sponsorships to make up the cost of the necessary bandwidth to distribute the shows. But still, the majority of podcasters are people who have a Mac, an adequate microphone, a lousy Skype connection, some foam glued to a wall in their parent's basements and that is the extent of their show because they push it out over iTunes. Yea, those are the majority.

But recently, even NPR Chief Lee Masters, oh wait it is really Jarl Mohn, made a series of appearances where he said the future of the NPR would include this new fangled thing called a podcast. (sigh) Leave it to NPR to potentially destroy a medium that I have loved for the last 10 years.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

WRVC-AM/Supertalk 94.1 has gone back to a heavy ESPN Radio lineup. Not only did they replace John Boy & Billy and Dennis Miller, but they also replaced Leslie Marshall in the evening.

Here's their schedule from this schedule page: http://www.supertalk941.com/schedule
Monday - Friday
1am to 6am Overnight America (Westwood One)

6am to 10am Mike & Mike (ESPN)

10am to 12pm Metronews Talkline

12pm to 1pm The Herd (Colin Cowherd of ESPN has a 10AM-1 PM show, so WRVC/Supertalk will be carrying just the final hour.

1pm to 4pm SVP & Russillo (ESPN)

4pm to 6pm Paul Swann & Woody Woodrum

6pm to 7pm Metronews Statewide Sportsline

7pm to 10pm Sedano & Stink (ESPN)

10pm to 1am Freddie Coleman (ESPN)
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

SuperTalk???? I would call that Sports Radio with that much ESPN stuff coming across the bird.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

cgarison wrote:SuperTalk???? I would call that Sports Radio with that much ESPN stuff coming across the bird.
The name has apparently been changed to 'ESPN 930/94.1'. I believe that's what Ernie G. Anderson said during a newscast at 6 PM.

They are carrying the Cleveland Cavaliers radio broadcasts this season also.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
the jive talkin one

Post by the jive talkin one »

Is it expected that WRVC will revert to more mainstream talk, after 1340 gets back on the air?
- the life and health insurance broker formerly known as Joel Jackson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Your-Life ... nfo&ref=mf
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

the jive talkin one wrote:Is it expected that WRVC will revert to more mainstream talk, after 1340 gets back on the air?
Nope.

Bollywood hits would be kinda' cool, though.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
genlock

Post by genlock »

How about Tuvan throat rap show?

sample:
"Fish Symboled Stamp"
https://youtu.be/LuVLjAhsw-w
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
3 Camps

Post by 3 Camps »

...cgarison, one thing for sure....if Lee Masters(Mohn) moves on something.. there's either a ton of money to be saved or a ton of money to be made 'somewhere'! To many he's considered a rear-end....but a totally smart rear end in any aspect of the business.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

It has been close to a year since Jarl 'Lee Masters' Mohn started his move toward podcasts with NPR. Quite honestly, I have not paid too much attention to the effort other than listening to my usual NPR suspects of Freakonomics, RadioLab, and This American Life.

Perhaps I should look into this and see what has happened. Serial is a new podcast that I have not had time to check out but has caught my attention. What else is there....

---- Looking at the NPR website -----

Wow! One thing is for sure and that is NPR certainly has a lot more 'podcasts' available now for download than they had a year ago. In fact, almost every show that is produced by WHYY in Philly appears to be available for download. Even WV Public Broadcasting has a Podcast about the Blankenship trial. Not bad. Maybe NPR will be a leader in this form of media after all.