Digital breakup

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Hoss

Digital breakup

Post by Hoss »

Since my comment about lip sync has fallen on mostly deaf ears, not a bad pun. Of late digital video breakup on many channels seems to have become worse. Suspect the cable, mine is suddenlink, but I do notice the network stations are having a lot. Seems worse if I'm watching in HD, which I don't believe is HD at all only a channel suddenlink says is HD. Well that's the way I see it, is that a pun?
I hold that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. Thomas Jefferson, January 30, 1787.
cgarison

Re: Digital breakup

Post by cgarison »

I personally don't think that any of the local stations in the Huntington/Charleston markets produce a true HD image for broadcast. When I receive the over the air signal with my antenna at the compound, I get all kinds of weird/squished images or the score box cut off when trying to watch football on Sunday.

Also, on my grandmothers SuddenLink cable in Wayne County, I cannot see any difference between the local HD feeds and the standard feeds on her cable box and she pays for the "DIgital HD" package for channels.

Finally, when Mom was redoing her cable package for the compound last summer, the tech that came out to install new boxes for the TV told her that with our provider, their was not a distinguishable difference between HD and non-HD for the majority of channels they offer in HD.

I guess this means that when I decide to permanently move back to the KY Compound, I will have to install a satellite dish to get a decent HD signal or go with some IPTV solution via the internet and pay the nazi cable company for the over 250GB overages each month.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.