Brian Davis out at WTRF-TV?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

Brian Davis out at WTRF-TV?

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

WTRF-TV seems to have hired a new morning meteorologist named Emily Goodman, according to 'yourohiovalley.com'.
Up until very recently, Brian Davis was featured in a promo for their "McDonald's Breakfast Club." If anyone knows anything, please share. He seemed like a good guy, and I hope he lands on his feet very soon.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
news89

Re: Brian Davis out at WTRF-TV?

Post by news89 »

From what I heard he is now at WTOK TV in Meridian MS. Also Nate Fluharty left WTRF the day before Brian Davis signed off. Also I guess Don Hammond left wowk. So let the Nextstar changes begin. WHAG has started airing West Virginia Tonight as of in the past week.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

news89 wrote: Also I guess Don Hammond left wowk.
That is a pretty big loss for the Tri-State/Kanawha Valley. Don has an on air presence that is deserving of a market larger than our little DMA.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Greg Goodfellow

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

news89 wrote:From what I heard he is now at WTOK TV in Meridian MS. Also Nate Fluharty left WTRF the day before Brian Davis signed off. Also I guess Don Hammond left wowk. So let the Nextstar changes begin. WHAG has started airing West Virginia Tonight as of in the past week.
Thank you for the information!
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

cgarison wrote:...deserving of a market larger than our little DMA.
Not so little....you're actually TV market 67, making you larger than Rochester and Syracuse in NY, the Tri-Cities of NE TN, Roanoke-Lynchburg, Boise, Des Moines, and Omaha.

That's just households/population, of course....someone else can look up the rankings by available ad dollars.......
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"