Here we go...

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Cameron

Here we go...

Post by Cameron »

FCC Apps on File:

WRON FM from Roncerverte, WV to ELLISTON-LAFAYETTE, VA
(AKA Ronoake, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, VA)
60 KM Move

WELD FM from Petersburg, WV to Moorefield, WV
(Slight increase in ears-covered)

NEW 95.7 in Richwood to Craigsville, WV
(Class B1 - 11kw Summersville and Webster Springs in proposed 60dBu)

WXCC in Williamson, after getting 100kw kicked-to-the-curb is applying for 77kw and a tower-move to McVeigh, KY.
(Logan, Pikeville, Tazewell, VA) Look out WIVY in Morehead - she's a litle close.

AND THE BIG NEWS - BYE BYE 100KW on PAY:
WPAY in Portsmouth, OH is downgrading to a class C0 with 35kw ERP - being "PAY-ed off" by WJZK in Richwood, OH so WJZK can
change their city-of-license to Grandview Heights, OH - becoming a downtown Columbus, OH station.

(The agreement, ERP, and HAAT indicate a C0, the application mistakenly says C1 - Commish won't grant a C1 at this antenna-height.)

Cue Steve Miller Band: Woaahh take the money and run...
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
bryan27

Post by bryan27 »

WANB 103.1-Waynesburg PA to Mount Pleasant PA (increase in power and better coverage into Morgantown)
WVJW Your Station For More News More Often
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

bryan27 wrote:WANB 103.1-Waynesburg PA to Mount Pleasant PA (increase in power and better coverage into Morgantown)
Co-owned WROG 102.9 - Cumberland, MD to Chambersburg, PA (downgrade to A)
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
djMatty

Re: Here we go...

Post by djMatty »

Cameron wrote:
AND THE BIG NEWS - BYE BYE 100KW on PAY:
WPAY in Portsmouth, OH is downgrading to a class C0 with 35kw ERP - being "PAY-ed off" by WJZK in Richwood, OH so WJZK can
change their city-of-license to Grandview Heights, OH - becoming a downtown Columbus, OH station.

(The agreement, ERP, and HAAT indicate a C0, the application mistakenly says C1 - Commish won't grant a C1 at this antenna-height.)

Cue Steve Miller Band: Woaahh take the money and run...
Oh yeah dont forget part of the deal is to move 92.7 Bucyrus ohio (saga's classic hits station) to Richwood to replace the loss of "local radio" in Richwood, and their donating that 92.7 signal to Bible Broadcasting.... there goes local radio anyways, BBN will put up a satellite dish!
Matt
Program Director/Music Director/Owner
X music Online "The X"
Positive Rock Radio
http://www.xmusiconline.com/
lastone

Post by lastone »

XCC has had a coverage problem since we put it on. We were "forced" into a location where the majority of the city of Williamson could literally see the antenna! (Thanks FCC!) This put the antenna in a "fish bowl" and thus the unacceptable "egg" shapped coverage. In the 80's 100KW was available but the tower would have had to move 10 miles east, into Kentucky. The gain of about 10 miles in coverage was negated by such a move and the expense (I put it on air for under 250, including 10 years of legal costs and the move was to cost almost that much!). After all, it was a West Virginia station!

Then came the sale to East Kentucky Broadcasting, Bob Harvit's rivals and a Pikeville station owner. They now have Elkhorn City and Pikeville. Why move it to McVeigh? Logan coverage will not get better because of Horsepin mountain and Buffalo mountain (Buffalo was the origional tower site). Hooray for Pike County and to hell with West Virginia I guess!
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

These are trickling in.

WHIO-FM (former WPTW, 95.7, Piqua) downgrading from Class B at Piqua (north of Dayton) to a Class A at Sharonville, Ohio, which is on the Hamilton/Butler county border, i.e., northern suburbs of Cincinnati.
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

WSLW 1310 White Sulpher Springs seeks 250 watts into 6 towers (WVKO site) on 1000 kHz just outside Columbus. Just meets critical hours requirements to WMVP.
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

Tom Taggart wrote:These are trickling in.

WHIO-FM (former WPTW, 95.7, Piqua) downgrading from Class B at Piqua (north of Dayton) to a Class A at Sharonville, Ohio, which is on the Hamilton/Butler county border, i.e., northern suburbs of Cincinnati.
This one's related to an app for WZLR 95.3 to move closer to the Dayton metro. The WZLR application doesn't propose a COL change however.

First Broadcasting is having another go at trying to downgrade WAOL 99.5 Ripley Ohio to an A and move to Amelia. Last try was denied because the proposed site did not meet spacing, nor was there another station licensed to Ripley. They are now trying to backfill the Ripley service with some AM daytimer in Missouri that was filed during the AM major mod window.
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Also 102.9 Springfield changing city of license to Urbana (but not site) to allow 101.7 Urbana to move to Dayton.

Since 101.7 is the only station in Urbana, it can't move to a metro area unless there is anothr "first service" replaced at Urbana. So the Springfield Class B becomes an Urbana station.

Same thing here in WV: WXIL to change city of license to Elizabeth, allowing WRZZ to move to the WXIL tower and become a Parkersburg station. Better coverage for WRZZ, no change to the WXIL coverage.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Dave Loudin wrote:WSLW 1310 White Sulpher Springs seeks 250 watts into 6 towers (WVKO site) on 1000 kHz just outside Columbus. Just meets critical hours requirements to WMVP.
I didn't know that stations could be moved hundreds of miles like this...

Wow.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Tom Taggart wrote:Also 102.9 Springfield changing city of license to Urbana (but not site) to allow 101.7 Urbana to move to Dayton.
I've long thought the better move would be ("have been," I guess) to purchase that and the 101.7 at Newark and merge them into Columbus. With 101.7 going to 101.5, though, I imagine Newark could move.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Arp2 wrote:
Tom Taggart wrote:Also 102.9 Springfield changing city of license to Urbana (but not site) to allow 101.7 Urbana to move to Dayton.
I've long thought the better move would be ("have been," I guess) to purchase that and the 101.7 at Newark and merge them into Columbus. With 101.7 going to 101.5, though, I imagine Newark could move.
There is a 101.5 in Columbus. The Otterbein College station.

Very low power.

The same station bought out 15 years ago when they used 105.7.

28 screamin' watts, baby!

:wink:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
djMatty

Post by djMatty »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Very low power.

The same station bought out 15 years ago when they used 105.7.

28 screamin' watts, baby!

:wink:
ONE of the best stations in Columbus I feel. I really enjoy their mix! I would suspect if they had more power would give CD101 a little comp.
Matt
Program Director/Music Director/Owner
X music Online "The X"
Positive Rock Radio
http://www.xmusiconline.com/
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Next up:

Burbach seeks to move WRZZ 106.1 a bit closer to Parkersburg by changing COL from Elizabeth to Parkersburg and flip WXIL's COL from Parkersburg to Elizabeth.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Dave or Tom, does that mean a transmitter location swap or does XIL stay on Dutch Ridge? Not that it would make a lot of difference, I guess(?)...
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Proposal moves WRZZ to WXIL's tower. While still fully spaced, 'RZZ's 70 dBu would no longer reach Elizabeth, but would cover Parkersburg. Hence the COL swap.
genlock

Post by genlock »

several applications for AM 1450 in the area surrounding charleston.
Including one in Edmund, WV from slimerbuddy, David Cole.
I think 1450 was old Madison station.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Dave Loudin wrote:Proposal moves WRZZ to WXIL's tower. While still fully spaced, 'RZZ's 70 dBu would no longer reach Elizabeth, but would cover Parkersburg. Hence the COL swap.
Thanks. That should really help the Z reach over the ridge into Vienna, Williamstown and St Marys, plus cover all of Washington Co OH. The soon-to-be-former 'RZZ tower on Kanawha Hill would make a good WV public broadcasting site. Their Lost Pavement tower leaves a lot to be desired, namely sending a lousy signal east into Wirt and Ritchie counties.
radiofan

Post by radiofan »

I was told southern communications has put a translator in oak hill (on top of the water tower) at 102.9 fm for their classic rock wmtd-fm 102.3 in Hinton. I live within walking distance of the tower and get only a faint signal on 102.9 of wmtd's audio and sometimes the 103 wcir audio bleeds in. Any info??
genlock

Post by genlock »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:
Dave Loudin wrote: Their Lost Pavement tower leaves a lot to be desired, namely sending a lousy signal east into Wirt and Ritchie counties.
Nobody lives in Wirt and Roane counties.