Geek Juice

Computer, engineering, and other technical assistance.

Moderators: genlock, sportsvoice

Big Media

Geek Juice

Post by Big Media »

http://www.thetornado.com/site/product.shtml

This looks like a damn good product. Does anyone have one?

Once connected to each PC, The Tornadoâ„¢ automatically displays the entire contents of each PC enabling the user to quickly drag-n-drop their files and file folders from one machine to the other. Operating at USB 2.0 speeds, The Tornadoâ„¢ moves files 600 % faster than standard flash memory-based storage media. The Tornadoâ„¢ is pocket-sized and has retractable cables allowing it to be easily carried anywhere.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

First I've seen of it... although similar items (in the form of a peer-to-peer lan adapter via USB) have been around forever. Looks like the software interface is the big sell here.

I put a bug in the boss's ear. If he thinks it's cool, we'll order one.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I just tried to order from Global/Tiger Direct. However, they say these are on backorder until next week and I can't even get on the waiting list. I've gotta try one of these.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I got one of these in today. Awesome. No software to install. The GUI is simple and easy. Moving files was efficient and I have not found anything bad to say about it other than the cords are relatively short. About 6 to 8 feet total. Seems well designed though.