Anybody know where Cable County is ???

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Just finished beer number two, enjoyed with two grilled hot dogs, burned to perfection and one grilled onion cheeseburger.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

*sigh*
I'll tell Ernie tomorrow....again....
Lee

Post by Lee »

I'm glad...because this board is the utmost authority on all-things radio and television.

They SHOULD listen to us...if they want ratings in the stratosphere!

:roll:
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

herdgirl72 wrote:*sigh*
I'll tell Ernie tomorrow....again....
Hey herdgirl - saw you at the G-W game but didn't have a chance to say hi....

I just wanted to spur a discussion of how something like this happens or maybe other similar stories from elsewhere. I know herdgirl and I knew it wasn't her fault or Cameron's fault so it wasn't personal.

I once did a great spot for Narcise Realty in Huntington. My boss told me it was good, except I mispronounced the name - I said 'Nar-SEES' and it's pronounced 'Nar-CISS-see'. I'd lived in Huntington since I was 2 and thought I knew how it was pronounced but didn't....

So I've been there - although mine didn't make the air, it was embarassing.

It just amazed me that getting the name of the main county in the listening area wrong would go on this long for whatever reason. Thinking as a consumer, I'd probably think less of the advertiser, not the radio station. If the advertiser/client didn't care enough to make sure it was right, they certainly don't get to take care of my money (in this case).
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
Lee

Post by Lee »

It <b>IS</b> Herdgirl's fault...she controls everything up there in the Coal Exchange Building. BLAME HER!!!

She needs to be banished from Cable County and be sent to Galluppolice, OH, post haste!
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Lee wrote:She needs to be banished from Cable County and be sent to Galluppolice, OH
So sayeth the man from Arn-ton.

:lol:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Actually...due to some here not having teeth, it is being pronounced "Arn-un."

:D
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Jay Nunley wrote:
Zak Tyler wrote:
daveinthemorning wrote:
On second thought, fuck all you....fuckers.
*FLAG*

we need a ruling from the swearmaster general. double use of the same base verb, without use of even the lamest adverb. i submit, for consideration, a 2 beer foul. dave must sit on the couch until he finishes 2 more beers, and think about his mistake.

8) :)

[/my not knowing shit about proper english]
In this case "fuck" is used as a verb and "fuckers" is used as a noun which is perfectly acceptable and encouraged. However, there is a clear case of misuse of ellipses.

Also, the current preferred usage would be, "Fuck all y'all fuckers." I would also suggest that "fuckers" be replaced by "motherfuckers", but that is a style issue as opposed to an actual error in cursing.

After careful consideration the two beer foul is apt.
What about "Fuck all y'all fuckin' fuckers?"
SHADOW

Post by SHADOW »

Bob Loblaw is here to talk gibberish to all of us!
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

Lee wrote:It <b>IS</b> Herdgirl's fault...she controls everything up there in the Coal Exchange Building. BLAME HER!!!

She needs to be banished from Cable County and be sent to Galluppolice, OH, post haste!

I know, I'm SUCH a slacker......and drama queen(I have the sash & tiara to prove that one!)

:wink:
kaos

Post by kaos »

I guess Cameron says it best BIG EGO - that's all he has. Who gives a rats ass - they ran a spot with the name of their largest county pronounced WRONG - admit it was DUMB! ANY station can refuse to air a spot if they so choose - it could have been rejected and new production requested but then they might not hit goal.

Jay, I did not attack you in anyway, I think you have more than a clue as to what you are doing but I might add you are no longer at Kindred and it shows.

Finally, ahh, never mind, I really dont give a shit at this point, this whole thread is useless, enough said.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Bob Loblaw wrote:
What about "Fuck all y'all fuckin' fuckers?"
There is nothing "wrong" with that, but there are two preferred usages here.

#1 "Fuck all y'all fuckin' fucks.

#2 Fuck all y'all ya' fuckin' fuckers.

There are only small differences in usage, but they matter in terms on tone and cadence. If you add in the adjective derivative form of "fuck" (i.e. fuckin') to modify the pronoun derivative of "fuck" (i.e. fuckers) you should drop the tense and get rid of the suffix "ers."

-OR-

You can choose to add another adjective (e.g. you or ya') which offsets the suffix "ers" a saves the cadence and tone of the sentence.

You get a three beer penalty for making me effort this.

Yes, I just turned a noun into a verb.

Fuck all y'all.
Lee

Post by Lee »

That's not the only big thing Cameron has....just ask herdgirl72, she walks bowlegged more than any girl I've ever seen at the Saddle Ridge riding a mechanical bull sponsered by Rascal Flatts.
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

Lee wrote:That's not the only big thing Cameron has....just ask herdgirl72, she walks bowlegged more than any girl I've ever seen at the Saddle Ridge riding a mechanical bull sponsered by Rascal Flatts.

8O

dude...I thought we cancelled your webcam subscription...better check on that...lol....
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

kaos wrote:Jay, I did not attack you
Yeah, I know. I'm becoming crotchety in my old age. I get riled up and defensive when I think someone is being overly critical of local broadcasters. The fact that many do it without putting their name on it sends me over and I end up being harsh and impolite. I don't apoogize for challenging the criticism, but I do offer an apology for the gracelessness of my challenge.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Jay, I accept your apology and stand by my comments. As I said, I know and listen to hear that you know what you are doing. The fact you are no longer at Kindred shows big time. We all know you would have NEVER allowed a spot with butchered words to air so let's accept that.

The fact I choose not to use my name is personal and professional and there are a number of reasons for that. I am NOT the only one on this board who does so. I agree, it is not necessarily the way I want it but the way it has to be - I APOLOGIZE for that!!

I'll owe you a beer some time!!!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Know what you mean about not using your real name. Dave isn't my name at all. I'm actually Randy Yohe.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

So what's the ruling on the wonderfully palindromimic "Fuck you, you fuck"?

Come to think of it, what's the ruling on "palindromimic"?? :lol:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Cameron wrote:"KOWARD" Attach your name to something you say. I'm sure you're quite the seasoned broadcast professional. I bet that's why you hide behind a fake name.
Cameron, I am on your side. I gave up years ago trying to get out of towners to say "Hurricun" instead of Hurricane, "Ona" instead of O-N-A, "E-Lie Gold" instead of El-Lee Gold, etc.

However, remember that some of us work for companies who frown upon posting to these boards especially if that company is publicly traded.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

SPIKE NESMITH! wrote:Come to think of it, what's the ruling on "palindromimic"?? :lol:
Misspelled, and the phrase isn't. :P
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"