I dont give a $hit?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

CoolBreeze

I dont give a $hit?

Post by CoolBreeze »

At exactly 8:14pm Saturday on WVTS talk radio, a program called "Free Talk Live" was interviewing a guest and the guest said (talking about money)... "I don't give a shit", wherein the host said "Whoa!" and continued to the next caller.

I find it really odd that these national talk shows aren't on some kind of delay, even for the guests.

(and they complained about MY language)
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Re: I dont give a $hit?

Post by Zak Tyler »

CoolBreeze wrote:At exactly 8:14pm Saturday on WVTS talk radio, a program called "Free Talk Live" was interviewing a guest and the guest said (talking about money)... "I don't give a shit", wherein the host said "Whoa!" and continued to the next caller.

I find it really odd that these national talk shows aren't on some kind of delay, even for the guests.

string em' up.... :)

what?!?!?
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Wikipedia:
The hosts are libertarians and work to apply their ideals to the show. For instance, there is no use of the industry standard delay and bleeper, or a device to restrict the speech of callers to a talk show by removing words from the broadcast. Instead, callers who use words that are believed to be against FCC regulations are immediately dropped. In the past, however, callers were warned once after using a curse word and then only dropped if they used another.

The hosts make it clear that they feel the FCC regulations are asinine. Regardless, the hosts want to avoid swearing on their broadcast because it may negatively impact the radio stations who rebroadcast the show (both in the form of listeners becoming disenchanted, and because of FCC fines that would be imposed on those broadcasters). While this itself could be seen as suppression of free speech, it is done through private property and voluntary agreements, ideals of libertarianism.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
fearpeddler

Re: I dont give a $hit?

Post by fearpeddler »

CoolBreeze wrote:
yah, and can you imagine if you were national when you dropped that "little somolia" comment?, man they woulda ran you up the pole faster than they did Imus..
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Hahaha! I said that New Orleans right after Hurricane Katrina looked like Little Somolia.

And I still stand by that! :lol:

The only one that bitched about it right up to the point of trying to get me fired was Mark Hallburn. ( Bless his heart) :roll:

(By the way, the guy that said "shit" was not a caller/listener, but the guest.)
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

annnddd...the best part about this entire thread...it's that I have yet to, nor still give one...

clever, huh?
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

CoolBreeze wrote: ...was Mark Hallburn. ( Bless his heart) :roll:

BWAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

whew..... dammit that almost had the coffee comin' out the nose........
uh oh, here it comes again...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cause everyone knows you can say just about anything about anybody as long as you "bless their heart" afterwards..... i wonder.... (rolling harp arpeggio's) if Imus would have said "they're nappy headed ho's, bless their hearts". would he still have a gig????

[/rolling harp arpeggio's]
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

most likely..
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
1015RiverRat

Post by 1015RiverRat »

Jerry

I worked with Mark at Cingular. Like a lot of radio refugees, he made more money outside of the business and did well outside of the business. He always saw radio as a creative business run by cheapskates and populated with egomaniacs. So he started his own company, taught part-time, and figured radio would never last. We worked in radio 20 years apart but agree on those conclusions. At Cingular Mark's customers and co-workers appreciated his work. One of us offered to re-design his logo free of charge. Mark paid him anyway. You have made a career out of making fun of Mark. How is your career doing? Mark's website is online and still making money. He says he makes more money running a website than working in radio. We had lunch today. Mark bought a new car in August and just paid it off. He and his wife own a beautiful home. Most of us live in apartments. You laugh at Mark. He laughs at you all the way to the bank. Jerry, you hate Mark. You say he tried to get you fired. Obviously Mike Robinson made that move. Your New Somalia comments were just one of your issues.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

You have to be fucking kidding me..
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

daveinthemorning wrote:You have to be fucking kidding me..
Amazing, isn't it? It's like he didn't even attempt to appear as someone other than himself. It's the messageboard equivalent of parting your hair differently and expecting no one to recognize you.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Jay Nunley wrote:It's the messageboard equivalent of parting your hair differently and expecting no one to recognize you.
You know that kind of laughing you do where you're laughing so much that you make a big "aaahhhh" sound while inhaling as you're about to let loose another round? You know..."ha ha ha ha ha ha, ahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

That's the kind of laughing I was just doing. :D

1015RiverRat wrote:We had lunch today.
Ya ever see that one South Park where Cartman was caught having a tea party with dolls and stuffed animals? That's the image I get....

"Would you like some more tea, Polly Percypants? Yes, Eric, I would love some tea; thank you very much. You're very welcome, Polly Percypants; would you like some tea, Clyde Frog? Yes, please, Eric; why are you so cool? I don't know, Clyde Frog; I just am."
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

Wow. I got up in the middle of the night to write down details of an unusual dream I had. Since I wasn't sleepy, I decided to run through a few things on my favorites list.

Now that I've seen that, I'm not sure I'm really awake yet.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

That's some disturbing shit. Somebody needs to get help.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Mildred-Mitchell Batemen Hospital has rooms just for people like 1015RiverRatMarkHallburn.
Arp2 wrote:Ya ever see that one South Park where Cartman was caught having a tea party with dolls and stuffed animals? That's the image I get....

"Would you like some more tea, Polly Percypants? Yes, Eric, I would love some tea; thank you very much. You're very welcome, Polly Percypants; would you like some tea, Clyde Frog? Yes, please, Eric; why are you so cool? I don't know, Clyde Frog; I just am."
:lol:

Yeah, pretty soon he's going to pretend his hand is Jennifer Lopez.

"My name is Jennifer Lopez, I like tacos and burritos!"

Did he say awhile back him and his wife are expecting?? Do you mean to tell me there will be ANOTHER one?
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Okay, everybody change names. I am now Arp.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I'm Mark Hallburn!
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

I thought maybe it was his wife posting until he tried to bump this thread.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I would hope his better half would have some sort of intelligence.

But then again....
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

Then again, it could be a vast right wing conspiracy that has stolen his password and is posting to make him look bad.