Dave Blomquist quits at WKKX

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Jay Nunley wrote:Obviously, my attempt to be amusing failed.

I withdraw the whole thing. Mods, edit that shit if you need or want.

I still think it was funny.
No Jay. Sorry. Funny shit like that stays.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

<----- Watching America's Got Talent tonight to remind myself how much I hated it last year and wished I had all that time back....
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

Less than a week on air and Bloomquist is breaking big news about the Belmont County Sheriff Department. While WKKX is busy with birds.

This is like a hammer (WWVA) pounding a nail (WKKX).
Last edited by lovetalkradio on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this but, Who the hell is Dave Bloomquist and why should we care?
genlock

Post by genlock »

lovetalkradio wrote:Less than a week on air and Bloomquist is breaking big news about the Belmont County Sheriff Department. While WKKX is having birds from the zoo and giving away a Wii contest on air.

This is like a hammer (WWVA) pound a nail (WKKX) as far how the morning shows are operating.
Tip call on the phone or read it in the paper?
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Bob Campbell wrote:I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this but, Who the hell is Dave Bloomquist and why should we care?
Some guy up in Wheeling and, from all that I've read on here, we shouldn't. In that order. :wink:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Talk Junkie

Post by Talk Junkie »

You guys bitch when the Wheeling crowd fights with each other on your little Band Geek forum. Then, when they're playing nice, you guys TRY to bait them. You don't HAVE to read their posts, but yet you do. And then you try to stir shit. And then guys from "huge metropolitan" areas of Charleston, Huntington, Bluefield, Logan, Parkersburg, Ironton, Ashland, Catlettsburg, Bug Tussle, etc. feel the need to bash on Wheeling. I find that pretty comical. What's the best that WV-area radio has to offer? Hoppy Kercheval ? LMMFAO!

I've got a little secret for you tuba-hat-wearing douchebags, WV is completely insignificant when it comes to radio, or much else for that matter, except coal. There are less than 2 million residents in the state.

And Blomquist is better than anything else that I've heard while bearing the burden of having to drive through the state to get to the Marathon refinery in KY.

If you don't really give a shit about anything outside of your little Dixie Jerkwater, then just move on.

As Forrest Gump would say, " I'm Sorry I ruined your little Band Geek party".
genlock

Post by genlock »

I don't understand.
Why would you go to the refinery?
lastone

Post by lastone »

What's the best that WV-area radio has to offer?
Last time I checked WHEELING was in West Virginia.

If West Virginia radio is insignificand, then your WHEELING stations are too!

Now THAT'S significant! 8)
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Great radio just is. There's plenty of it in WV.

The problem with the NP crowd (and I'm a refugee of a sort) is there's a tripwire in every conversation, and we found yours (poor dear.) The snark you see is richly deserved from the psycho postings of the past. Just because you (or at least your latest identity) don't have the full context is not our problem.

OK. So, big, scary 1170 has hired away David 1370's biggest rock. He might do OK. Great.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Talk Junkie

You tuba-hat band geeks just don't get it.........

Post by Talk Junkie »

ALL WV radio SUCKS. I have nothing else to listen to as I'm driving through from Pittsburgh. It's not my fault that WV can only afford one tower for all of their radio stations and the six "rich guys" that can afford a cellular telephone. Hurry up and approve that gambling bill so that you can get another tower. I'm not like 'Snake", who seems to open his mouth and swallow every obscenity that "King Stern" or "Bubba the Love Sponge" can spew to the lowest common denominator on satellite.

I have figured out most of the posters on this board. They're former high school band members, or vocational school "graduates" that aspired to reach glamorous heights as a "Radio Man". PUUUUUHLEASE. A monkey could run a radio station. All you need is a little of that thar' fancy 'Lectronic equipment and a key to the zoo so's you can steal yourself a monkey to run it. Plus about six bucks an hour or one bunch of bananas. Geek on, Band Geeks. It must've REALLY sucked sucked being such complete, soft-bodied hothouse pansies in High School. I hope your little band-geek forum makes you feel better about yourselves.

As Forrst Gump would say, " I'm sorry I ruined your little band geek party".
Ace Purple

Re: You tuba-hat band geeks just don't get it.........

Post by Ace Purple »

Talk Junkie wrote:ALL WV radio SUCKS.
Go away, troll.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Uh, West Virginia may be a jerkwater, but it's a Yankee jerkwater. Dixie it ain't. That's why it's not still part of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

You seem to be fascinated with the band. What happened in your past that has you so bothered with people in the band?

BTW anytime you need something to blow........
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Furthermore, I now make SEVEN dollars and hour, so there!
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

And this one time...in band camp....
:wink:

Sorry it had to be said!
"The whole thing was just a nightmare," Rodriguez said.

LOL!!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

it seems to me that somebody is fascinated with high school, but desperately trying to deny that fascination by thrusting it on others. i remember when i was younger, trying to deflect criticism when i knew i was wrong. somebody talks you into a corner and you have no way out. you know you're wrong but your "pride bubble" is so big that you can't allow yourself to be seen as wrong so you try to focus the arguement on what you perceive as another's weakness only to find out that what you perceive as weakness is in fact very much a strength much stronger that your pride. so at that point you take on a defeatist attitude, and just start randomly judging and grouping those that are stonger than you into what you perceive as inferior categories... but then you realize you've just dug your hole even deeper... let me give you some advice rookie, shut up and listen. and maybe even GASP ask some questions from the industry professionals on the board that have been doing this a LONG time. you never know, you may learn something from these "former" band geeks and "soft-bodied hothouse pansies" (whatever one of those are... sounds kind of erotic though. don't let lee get ahold of any pics of that shit he'll post them here lol)

and as forest gump would say...
BOOBIES!!!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Talk Junkie wrote:You guys bitch when the Wheeling crowd fights with each other on your little Band Geek forum.
What instrument did you play? (You're here, aren't you? Seeming to give a really big sh!t about what we think.)

Talk Junkie wrote:Then, when they're playing nice, you guys TRY to bait them. You don't HAVE to read their posts, but yet you do. And then you try to stir shit. And then guys from "huge metropolitan" areas of Charleston, Huntington, Bluefield, Logan, Parkersburg, Ironton, Ashland, Catlettsburg, Bug Tussle, etc. feel the need to bash on Wheeling. I find that pretty comical. What's the best that WV-area radio has to offer? Hoppy Kercheval ? LMMFAO!
I'll give you that one... however... this is the FIRST and ONLY thread anyone from Wheeling ever started that was actually worth a shit... until you got here, of course. How can you expect the members of this board to instantly take the first real discussion about Wheeling radio seriously based on the behavior of YOUR OWN PEOPLE? So we may have a ways to go before Wheeling gets the respect you think it deserves here, but due to the actions of its own inhabitants, it may take a little longer than you'd like.
Talk Junkie wrote:I've got a little secret for you tuba-hat-wearing douchebags, WV is completely insignificant when it comes to radio, or much else for that matter, except coal. There are less than 2 million residents in the state.
Only if you plan on leaving the state. Radio is very significant to those that live and work IN the state.
Talk Junkie wrote:And Blomquist is better than anything else that I've heard while bearing the burden of having to drive through the state to get to the Marathon refinery in KY.
Got some airchecks? I've been hearing this name, in threads I keep having to delete for douchebaggery, and I'd like to know what he sounds like.
Talk Junkie wrote:If you don't really give a shit about anything outside of your little Dixie Jerkwater, then just move on.
WVbroadcasting.net. Welcome.
muthaluvfan

Post by muthaluvfan »

We are so close to 100 replies, I am very glad i started the one and only great post here on WVBROADCASTING.NET

Wheeling Radio is getting good again...I still can't believe i check this site everyday and actually enjoy what i read.

Hello Mutha, Hello Bloomdaddy,...See you all at Drunkapalooza!!!!!