Dave Blomquist quits at WKKX

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

muthaluvfan

Dave Blomquist quits at WKKX

Post by muthaluvfan »

There is a rumor going around he starts next week at WWVA...Can anyone confirm this...
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Theres also a rumor that anyone flame baiting when it come to that station and this board won't like what happens.

Oh...My mistake. No rumor. Its true. Its damn true.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Well, I was in what's left of Wheeling this week and spent some time listening to the aforementioned Revolutionary Blowtorch of Talk Radio. ZZZzzzzzz.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Bloomquist has been on both market TV stations a small am and now a different am. Looks like he can't hold a job.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

genlock

Post by genlock »

I do care about Pi (Pie).
I like Apple pie, warm with ice cream.
muthaluvfan

Post by muthaluvfan »

Say what you want DJ but the information that i have is now official. he is gone and will be on WWVA next week...
genlock

Post by genlock »

No non-compete?
muthaluvfan

Post by muthaluvfan »

No, Non Compete at WKKX....But i am sure he has one now..@WWVA
Lee

Post by Lee »

No one cares about Wheeling.

Now Logan...now THERE'S a town/county with REAL go gettin' potential!!
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

WKKX have started false rumors about people quiting just to stir a buzz and no one really believes them now.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Well... there is a "Coming Soon" page for the morning show, which used to be "The Bloomdaddy Experience". Maybe they're actually on to something this time. (Although WWVA doesn't seem to have hopped all over this broadcasting coup... at least not on their website.)
weaver

Post by weaver »

genlock wrote:Bloomquist has been on both market TV stations a small am and now a different am. Looks like he can't hold a job.
There's a reason for that - the obvious one.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yes, In Low-Gan we do have a lot of potential. We brought you Jay Nunley, Burke Allen, Kidd Conley, Wade Hill, Libby Jo Ernie G and me. Damn, what a bunch losers.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Maddog

Post by Maddog »

According to the WKKX website, there will be a new morning show starting next week called Tainted Luv. The hosts will be Teddy the Taint and Mutha Luv. I'm sure it will be a winner.

I hope the rumors are true about Blomquist going to WWVA. If they are, I'm glad to see WWVA getting rid of Quinn & Rose and putting local talk back on the air.

And since it seems that this is a serious thread and not just more of the normal WKKX chatter, could those of us interested in Wheeling be allowed to have a serious discussion about the happenings in our market. If you are not interested, please don't read or post on the thread.
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

Let's not forget that this is a holiday weekend and Bloomer could have the week off with the return of Kellas in drive time and mother going back to mornings. As Maddog said, WWVA would be all over this if Blomer was heading to WWVA. Also, why talk about it so much on air as KKX did. If someone quit or got fired no way would they chatter so much about it the same day.

We shall see what happens June 4th or 5th. If Bloomer is not at WKKX then I will think that Bloomer left.
muthaluvfan

Post by muthaluvfan »

Listen to WWVA on Thursday, Blomquist will be on 6-9 am from what i hear. I am really glad we have somewhere to talk about the wheeling market..

His commercials will begin airing on Wheeling Televsion to promote his new show this weekend...
Uncle Shishkabob

Post by Uncle Shishkabob »

If Dave is on WWVA 6-9am I hope it's a more intellegent morning show compared to what was done on 1600.He can do that.Remember the Sergason shooting store from Yorkville a few years ago when he and George Kellas through some serious hardballs at Jefferson County Sherrif Fred Abdella? That was the kind of talk radio many of us older people like to hear. If this happens he's on a 50,000 watt signal that most of the East Coast can hear early in the morning.
...and in Washington 2 peopls and in Newark a windmill and an armadillo!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

genlock wrote:I do care about Pi (Pie).
I like Apple pie, warm with ice cream.
HAHAHA... i thought the same damned thingof course my "pi" might vary from yours though...

8O
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.