wkkx minus the bloomer

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

hitman

wkkx minus the bloomer

Post by hitman »

Ok, first I want to say that I'm gonna miss the Bloomdaddy. He cracked me up many of times. I can't wait to see what really happened at KKX. My sources tell me that Mr. Bob was tired of the format and the content of his show. I've been listnening to his show since it came on the air and the content has been the same since the beginning. Why the sudden change of heart from management?
As the saying goes "competition is good for everyone", I agree that competition is good for the listeners but in this case I believe this can be a dagger in the heart of KKX. Once they get Bloomer on board, who's gonna be next. The 10:00a.m. thru 3:00p.m. broadcast is something to be desired. Bloomer has a lot of followers and he is a talent that speaks for itself.
While listening on Friday's Kellas show, I found it quite strange that Bloomer's freinds were bashing him for making this decision. Was not these the same co-horts who helped create the content as to which management is now so appauled with. How sad it is.
I know one thing for sure is that my knob on my radio will now get a good workout. Before this Thursday my knob had not moved(except between 10:00 a.m.- 3:00p.m.). In closing Good Luck to you Mr. Blomquist. And to the staff and management at KKX " Keep your eyes and ears open, someone up north on Main st. is coming."
Time to find the WD-40 for my knob. :twisted:
genlock

Post by genlock »

How much do you figure Bloomquist made at WKKX and now at WWVA?
hitman

Post by hitman »

genlock wrote:How much do you figure Bloomquist made at WKKX and now at WWVA?
My sources tell me that he was making aroung $7-8 per. WWVA and the new owners are really gonna try and decimate KKX and offered Bloomer quite a bit more($18-20). 8O
genlock

Post by genlock »

Is Karin working? That seems a little (lot) low to support 3 kids and a trophy wife.
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

"new owners" :?:

The transfer application has just been filed. No provision for an LMA in the asset sales agreement.

WWVA is still under Clear Channel control. They just needed someone to fill in for a couple of months until the cluster is sold.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Someone get me a freakin' pencil.