email disclaimer: stupid emails will be used as examples

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Having worked in REALLY small town radio (like Last One..I did my time, too, at WLOG) you know I have a ton to contribute to this, and I will as I get time. You know, it IS little league baseball tournament time here!
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

lastone wrote: No, I didn't. :mrgreen:
LIAR!!!

you KNOW you did.... just fess up :) everybody's picked up a fatty off the request line. as a matter of fact schaffer does it often.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
genlock

Post by genlock »

daveinthemorning wrote:Having worked in REALLY small town radio (like Last One..I did my time, too, at WLOG) you know I have a ton to contribute to this, and I will as I get time. You know, it IS little league baseball tournament time here!
I saw in the Banner where the OMAR coach was detained by the cops at one game for alcohol and tobacco use. Did they miss his gun?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I think it was actually a tire iron he was packing.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Where are the pics of Schaffer's smokin' hot sister we were all promised?

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Mark Atkinson

Post by Mark Atkinson »

Bob Campbell wrote:Whenever I get someone asking "are you requesting?", I always say, "No, you are. I'm playing," They rarely if ever get it.
I got "are you requesting songs?" once. "Yes, I want to hear 'Fade to Black' by Metallica and don't take too long to play it, because I know how you DJ's are" was my response.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

A witty reply from the elusive Mark Atkinson. Too long between posts young son. How are Nunley's kids?
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

It's fun for me to play the guessing game when I get questions about what song was played... and the e-mail usually doesn't reference the station in question. Sometimes I can figure it out (as in the one below asking about "Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods) and it is interesting to see what people ask about.

-----

I was not able to find a part of your website that directed me to recent songs played. I was tryingto find artist/titleof song with lyrics "been down-harded baby, ever since the day we met" with BB King dubbing. You played the song @ 8:40 AM date 5-31-07.

Thank you if you could help me figure this one out.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
Mark Atkinson

Post by Mark Atkinson »

Bob Campbell wrote:A witty reply from the elusive Mark Atkinson. Too long between posts young son. How are Nunley's kids?
I know. That's just 'cause I rarely have any contributions to make to the discussion.

Nunley's kids are fine. I recently discovered the wonder that is reverse psychology ("You better not eat that broccoli". "Here, hit me, I like it" etc.) They're so stubborn and contrary that sixty percent of the time it works every time.
J. Fox

Post by J. Fox »

When I worked at Froggy there was an old man named Alvin that called the morning show, the midday show, the afternoon drive show, and evening show EVERY SINGLE DAY and he requested the same three songs EVERY TIME. The three songs were Some Gave All by Billy Ray Cyrus, Yard Sale by Sammy Kershaw, and If Heaven by Andy Griggs. He even used to stopped by the station and walk right into the studio EVEN THOUGH THE SIGN SAID EMPLOYEES ONLY. He was a weirdo.

When I worked at WRLF late at night especially on Fridays and Saturdays I used to get calls from drunk people who thought we were Froggy. I used to say sure I'll play your song and thanks for listening.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I have an old woman who calls me EVERY morning at 5:45 am to ask me what time it is. I want to say, "24 hours since the last time you called". I have a couple of people who show up at every remote I do in the Logan/Man/Chapmanville areas just to say hi and to see if I have anything new to give them. I guess my shit isn't worth driving to Gilbert, Williamson, Madison or some of the other outlying areas we go. Oh yeah, there is also some guy who works at Wal-Mart that tells everyone that comes through his checkout that I am his cousin. I don't know this fucker at all. Course he could be a product of one of my mother's six marriages.
lastone

Post by lastone »

Daveinthemorning wrote :
I have an old woman who calls me EVERY morning at 5:45 am....
I wonder if this is the same "old woman" that called LOG all the time. She was pleasent and some of the jocks went to see her. She was just all alone. She would even make them dinner! Ask Mad Dog, I think he was one of those who went to see her. She would be in her early 80's now.
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I think that was the famous Jackie you are referring to. She used to tell us how much she loved to dance and all about her trips across the world. She claimed to be a high paid nurse for a hospital in Charleston. We later found out she was a patient at a local nursing home. It was really kind of sad.

Nah, not really.
StopSet

Post by StopSet »

When I was on Power 94.5 in Lexington, a kid called once to make defecation. That was a great call.

When I’m not running a contest and someone calls and asks, I’m I the right caller? I always say “yes, you just won $10,000 you can pick up your money after 9 at… then I sent them to the competition office.
jag

Post by jag »

Now that's sadistic...and I love it!