BREAKING: Steve Animal out at Charleston's Z-Rock.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

I don't know nothing about no "Big Mike" there Dave...but I did over hear something about your wife wanting more of the "Big Clay" the other day...Lord only knows what that's all about...

As for Animal...greybush...ask him...he knows what's up

Shockley...get a damn haircut.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

You know, Clay, you may be on to something. The other night while having sex, my wife kept saying "JD, JD". She told me it stood for "Jesus, Damn".
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:You know, Clay, you may be on to something. The other night while having sex, my wife kept saying "JD, JD". She told me it stood for "Jesus, Damn".
either that or she needed more alcohol
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

S T E V E A N I M A L wrote:OH, the shitfest continues...

Not only is it a pain in the ass to be on unemployment, but of course you wait every 2 weeks for the semi-life support check they slowly dump in the mail with hopes that it arrives before the weeks end so that you might be able to keep the electric on.
Well, I called the always busy and under motivated unemployment office. To my dismay, only to find out that my check was sent out on the 22nd... and it must be lost!!! Further more, they can't cancel it... I have to wait another 15 fucking days for a god damn replacement!!! What bullshit...AND, the hump back informed me that they sent out a form "today" to review my job search progress....

WE"RE IN FUCKING WEST VIRGINIA YOU STUPID BITCH!!!! NOBODY FUCKING COMES HERE FOR WORK ANYMORE UNLESS IT'S PRICKSTREET THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN THE ULTIMATE MONOPOLY POWER PLAY BY THE GOVERNOR TO SCREW EVERY BUSINESS OVER!!! IT'S OVER!! CLOSE THE STATE!!! GOOD NIGHT!!! GET A BEER AT OUR NEW BALLPARK ON THE WAY OUT!!!! AND SHOVE THE HOTDOG IN YOUR ASS AS A PARTING GIFT!!! ENJOY!!!

Please send a non refundable cash or money order gift to my PO Box so that I may buy a roll of toilet paper... preferrably the kind with that state of West Virginia printed on it. The mountainous terrain feels so good!!!
When did you become a woman? Bitch, bitch, bitch.

These rules do not apply when I get fired. My shit will be righteous indignation. Yours is just a bitchfest.

Death to Analmal!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

I think it's time you both just got fitted for skirts and admit your undying love for one another.
They've reserved a stall in the Minneapolis airport men's room for you right next to Sen. Craig.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Dude,

Sublimate much?
S T E V E A N I M A L

Post by S T E V E A N I M A L »

OK... All the unemployed weeks are now starting to run together. So, I ask the following of all... What's the longest amount of time any of you have had to spend out of radio and what did you do once you got to thee I'm bored stage?

ps. I've lost 12 lbs. over the last 8 weeks. I'm not missing the Tudor's or Krispy donuts!! I believe Shockley has dumped over 20 lbs... he needed to!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

I'm taking bets on the longest outage, figuring I've pissed off bosses worse thany anybody else here. 13 months. Twice, once though, I was getting paid by Infinity not to work (and that was sweet). The other was right before I came to Mix in Charleston to save Regatta. I spent that time mooching off pds and record reps with another out of work friend for what we called "The Unemployment Benefits Tour 2003". Spent 6 months going to shows, staying in nice hotels and ordering room service on some other companies tab. If there weren't those damn house and child support payments I could have done that forever. Of course, I'd have been dead inside a year, but with a BIG smile on my face.

Geez Stephen, I can't believe you can't get your one true love Nunley to get you some work. But then, Lynn hates you even more than Nunley claims to!!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Since 1988 I have been totally out of radio a grand total of about six months. I quit the now dead WLOG in June of 1990 to go to Marshall (don't know if working at WMUL counts) or not. Anyway after working part time jobs in Huntington I finally agreed to work those jobs during the week only, coming back to WLOG on weekends, holidays, etc. You have to love radio to drive from Huntington to Logan for $3.35 an hour. I was also off one month, July '93, before I came to work here. In that case I was just waiting on the famous "Roscoe" that did mornings before me here to get the hell out of the control room so I could take over.

Damn reading the above story its no wonder I drink and sniff paint.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
SHOCKLEY

Post by SHOCKLEY »

Animal only CLAIMS that he has lost 12 pounds..

I don't buy it...

Unless you include his blow up doll collection..
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

goin into those golden years with a few less pounds wont hurt ya animal... :lol:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
SHOCKLEY

Post by SHOCKLEY »

He's been slammin them Metamucil/Geritol shakes!! lol
bkradio

Post by bkradio »

Hey, Campbell Soup. Please explain to us how you saved Regatta?
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

I think we all know how I, in my guise as "Steve Campbell", saved Regatta. That, and Collective Soul was my recommendation, having worked with them in OKC and Akron.
bkradio

Post by bkradio »

Ah, I thought it was because Collective Soul had jst decided to tour and made themselves available at the last minute and we all thought they would be better than a watered down version of Ratt.
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Ya wanna know how I made regatta better that year? By spreading the world that it wasn't 1995 and staying at the house.

Sorry, Bob...had to do it.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

And we missed you Clay.
And we wanted Collective Soul because it was a band 105 and Mix both played.
We'd tried to get Bad Company for 40k but they got a better offer on the same day.

btw, CS did a club show here in Greensboro last winter and (name drop time) I was hanging out with them after the gig and they had very fond memories of the Regatta show.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

S T E V E A N I M A L wrote:OK... All the unemployed weeks are now starting to run together. So, I ask the following of all... What's the longest amount of time any of you have had to spend out of radio and what did you do once you got to thee I'm bored stage?
6 months so far and the unemployment is over. Course... I just returned from a hell of a trip to Prague and Estonia today. Bored? Never! :P
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
S T E V E A N I M A L

Post by S T E V E A N I M A L »

CoolBreeze wrote:
S T E V E A N I M A L wrote:OK... All the unemployed weeks are now starting to run together. So, I ask the following of all... What's the longest amount of time any of you have had to spend out of radio and what did you do once you got to thee I'm bored stage?
6 months so far and the unemployment is over. Course... I just returned from a hell of a trip to Prague and Estonia today. Bored? Never! :P
Next time you go on a trip you should really ask Shockley. BTW, Has Estonia erected the JW Memorial statue yet in the town square? Viva la Jerry!!! :D
bkradio

Post by bkradio »

Bob,

My how the mories change over the years. Seems to me that your envolvement was a resoundind "Hell Yeah" when I got the call and asked what you thought. I used a lot of my staff as sounding boards but that doesn't mean they booked the show. I valued your opinion, as well as others but it was I who was trusted to book the show and spend the dough