BREAKING: Steve Animal out at Charleston's Z-Rock.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Animal, I remember years ago (yes I'm such a mark for this business) you getting pull over by the cops and I guess getting a ticket. You later called the cop a carpet muncher or something like that on the air. Do you remember that or have I just drank too much over the years?

BTW my momma works out of the old Mathis Motel in West Logan now, thank you very much.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote: BTW my momma works out of the old Mathis Motel in West Logan now, thank you very much.
damn, double the pleasure double the fun. double the crabs for the price of one...
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
S T E V E A N I M A L

Post by S T E V E A N I M A L »

Ah Dave... congrats!! Your memory is working pretty darn good, so... keep drinking!

I called her supervisor at the Jackson County, OH detachment and bitterly complained about that bullshit ticket on-air! I believe what my GM, Chris Johnson asked me a few days later was, did I actually call someone a dike, carpet munching whore on the air? My response was, "Did we get that on tape?" ;o)

I am glad you were there to share in my ticket! May I add, for further enjoyment... about month later, I started a bad rumor about their annual "Jackson County Apple Festival." I said it was canceled due to a bad worming problem. A rep from their local Chamber of Commerce got wind of it and called to complain, bad mistake for the lady. Very funny radio for those who like to hear old woman yell, then cry!!!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

You know Steven, I think you just started a new thread, "What's the most memorable bit you did on air?"
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Steve, I don't even remember exactly when you did that. It just stuck with me.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:It just stuck with me.
lol... so many jokes so little time...
S T E V E A N I M A L

OK, now that we've wiped our butts on Wheeling... somebody flush.

Bob... there are so many memorable bits, it just wouldn't be fair to pick just one. I do remember your fool's day parades... those we're good! Nuney's holiday cheer with Satan is always uplifting! Especially for those wanting to end it all fast... or just get into radio, and slowly smooth out the gray matter.

I am picking a semi memorable moment though for you, Bob.
It was a two-fer Tuesday. I played one song by .38 Special, then the next song from the band. It was 4 seconds or so into the next track and Mike Rappaport slammed the door open to the air studio to tell/yell, "you just played the same F#$%in' song twice!" I looked at him puzzled for a second, and then told him it was a "True Two-Fer!!" Then, I smiled at him.

He stormed out... I think he ended up in the fetal position under the production board, I'm not real sure. Sorry Mike, I can only offer therapy for you now. My thoughts are with you during my unemployed time.
Last edited by S T E V E A N I M A L on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Sweet, always fun to fuck with the PD. I say that even though I'm the PD now!
Of all the goofy crap we pulled in Charleston, including the stuff with Caperton, the thing people still talk to me about when I'm in town is the "Vibrator bit". It was a phony prank call from Premiere that had us calling a woman to recall her vibrator and getting her to admit using it, "well, a few times". When I came back to town to program Mix I had 3 different people ask me about it in the first 2 weeks I was there. Over a decade after we'd done it.
Good times.
Mike Rappaport

Post by Mike Rappaport »

S T E V E A N I M A L wrote: I am picking a semi memorable moment though for you, Bob.
It was a two-fer Tuesday. I played one song by .38 Special, then the next song from the band. It was 4 seconds or so into the next track and Mike Rappaport slammed the door open to the air studio to tell/yell, "you just played the same F#$%in' song twice!" I looked at him puzzled for a second, and then told him it was a "True Two-Fer!!" Then, I smiled at him.

He stormed out... I think he ended up in the fetal position under the production board, I'm not real sure. Sorry Mike, I can only offer therapy for you now. My thoughts are with you during my unemployed time.
Actually, I was pissed that you were re-living a WWRX moment-- you KNOW the one I mean-- w/o hooking a bro up.

That was amsuing. But, the phone call with Babick that got on the air? THAT was priceless.
S T E V E A N I M A L

August 7th, 2007. Week #4: Unemployment Continues...

Well, believe it or not, but the only person to throw me a dinner bone this week is NUNLEY! And, it was from his leftovers the night before!!! Thanks man. This is when you find out who your true friends are... right? Right?

The unemployment office was a big highlight for me yesterday. Did you know that there are no full time on-air positions listed at the job service!! I know, shocker!
They did give me a copy of, "Surviving A Layoff," by Harry Dahlstrom... if anyone would like to borrow my mine, you can. Thank me later, I'm just like that man.

Oh, here we go... maybe I could apply for that nanny position or the RN gig, that pays pretty well. I just don't think Putnam General is under the same administration where it use to hire unqualified murderers. Damn! I could've at least been interviewed and made it one of my contacts for the week. Damn again!
Lee

Post by Lee »

This may have been mentioned before, but I know of a GOLDMINE for you and Shockley!!

There's this website for sale....it covers news in Putnam County...and...well....it's hard to explain....it practically sells itself!

I mean...I have about 4 dollars in my wallet I can put in if you're interested.
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
SHOCKLEY

Post by SHOCKLEY »

I did have something profound to say but that damn avatar caused me to lose my train of thought..
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

S T E V E A N I M A L wrote: Well, believe it or not, but the only person to throw me a dinner bone this week is NUNLEY!
Lies! I would never prepare or serve you a meal. We're mortal enemies.

Death to Analmal!
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

S T E V E A N I M A L wrote:
Well, believe it or not, but the only person to throw me a dinner bone this week is NUNLEY! And, it was from his leftovers the night before!!! Thanks man.
"I know I've got a lot against me: I'm White, I'm Protestant, I'm hard working. Don't you have an Amendment to protect me"? Archie Bunker
S T E V E A N I M A L

Thanks CoolBreeze,

I forgot that I ate for days on a similar leg!! Now that's something worth being fired over! Eating and drinking in the studio is sometimes messy!! BUT, that leg was for show and tell ONLY!

NUNLEY, I have a fine collection of meals to choose from in my crawl space. Let me know if you're free for lunch sometime... I'll whip someone up!
S T E V E A N I M A L

August 13th, 2007. Week #5: Unemployment Continues...

Well, now I know who's reading this board. Last week, Nunley sweat over the grill... even though he'll deny it, and now I have to thank Schaffer for driving all the way down from his Hagerstown estate, to take his favorite unemployed mentor out to lunch... that would be me!!! Thanks man!

Two of my listeners from days gone past will pick up the tabs tomorrow and Thursday, so that leaves Wednesday and Friday for someone to take me to lunch. AND, I'm not kidding!

This unemployment check with the taxes being taken out is a ball kicker!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Anytime you want to say goodbye to your dignity and make the short trek to Logan Proper I would gladly by you and Shockley lunch at one of Logan's finer dining establishments. We can take in the delecious fair of Morrison's Drive-In (the best hot dog sauce and onion rings in the world), Fat Jack's (I would recommend the Dave Allen Special, as I get 10 cents for every one they sell) or Yesterday's Diner for breakfast, where they make their gravy from coffee grounds. It would be an honor to take out a legend for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:Anytime you want to say goodbye to your dignity and make the short trek to Logan Proper I would gladly by you and Shockley lunch at one of Logan's finer dining establishments. We can take in the delecious fair of Morrison's Drive-In (the best hot dog sauce and onion rings in the world), Fat Jack's (I would recommend the Dave Allen Special, as I get 10 cents for every one they sell) or Yesterday's Diner for breakfast, where they make their gravy from coffee grounds. It would be an honor to take out a legend for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

wow... sounds like you might even get a blow while you're there animal....

if those are the perks, you might wanna re-think the whole tradin' post offer :)
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

daveinthemorning wrote:Yesterday's Diner for breakfast, where they make their gravy from coffee grounds.
It's official. The next official WVBroadcasting.net meet will be at Yesterday's Diner for the coffee gravy. :D
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Its actually called "red eye" gravy.