BREAKING: Steve Animal out at Charleston's Z-Rock.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Never said I booked the show, just said I recommended the band, which I did. Not to be pissy, but I think it was Rock 105 they trusted to book the show, not any one person. Budweiser had been dicked over so bad by Bristol they would have let Atkinson book the show. Of course then it would have been an Abba tribute band.
genlock

Post by genlock »

I thought Tom McGee saved Regatta.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Wow. A pissing match over a Regatta booking.
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

It's like watching old men in wheelchairs or Dodge Carivans race, huh?
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Clay JD Walker wrote:wheelchairs or Dodge Caravans
Mutually exclusive words.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
S T E V E A N I M A L

Post by S T E V E A N I M A L »

This makes me want to butter someone's popcorn!! Enjoy the show!!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

And bring me some depends!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

oh i get it... pissing match... old men... depends :)

[side note]
and please tell me you didn't spend over $15,000 for Collective Soul anytime after the year 2000...

[/side note]
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Zak Tyler wrote:and please tell me you didn't spend over $15,000 for Collective Soul anytime after the year 2000...
I wouldnt pay $1,500 for collective soul...
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

'cause it's the world I know.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Call them my guilty pleasure, but I've never seen them be less than excellent live. And when they're buying the booze too, well it doesn't get any better than that for me.
bkradio

Post by bkradio »

Your not going to get much for under $15k unless it's an up and coming band and you book before they pop. We did that withe Shinedown but Collective did cost more. The also had a catalogue of hits to promote and I think Bob will agree, the crowd and responce was awesome. And Bob, I would only partially agree with you on the ROCK 105 comment. The fear was the stations owner and no trust was put into it. There is no magic to ROCK 105 but it has been blessed with a history of passionate employees.
Hell, this is a station with a van thats older than some of it's staff!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

bkradio wrote:Your not going to get much for under $15k unless it's an up and coming band and you book before they pop.
or you just happen to be able to plan something around an open date on a tour when they're in the area. as a matter of fact alterbridge and another animal are playing a show for less than $20 grand here in town in a couple weeks.

i still wouldn't pay more than 15 for Collective Soul :) cuz imagine all the time you'll have to fill after they're done playing their 6 1/2 hits.
SHOCKLEY

Post by SHOCKLEY »

Alterbridge only has 1 hit...

Never heard of Another Animal..

20 Grand is too much for them...
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

SHOCKLEY wrote:Alterbridge only has 1 hit...

Never heard of Another Animal..

20 Grand is too much for them...
since our competitor has the show, and a local bud light distributor is paying for it, it really doesn't matter either way to me... but it's a "former big name name bands minus their big name lead singers show" alterbridge is creed without scott stapp and another animal is godsmack without sully. i know the entire budget for the show was $25 grand, and the only thing they don't have to pay for is the venue. the city of hampton is donating their outdoor amphitheater (you could probably cram 400 people in the area). so that 25 grand has to cover sound, lighting, security, bands etc...

alterbridge actually has 2 previous hits (open your eyes, find the real), not including "Rise Today" in the top 10 now (active) top 15 (mainstream).

and i don't know if i've mentioned this yet... i STILL wouldn't pay 15 grand for Collective Soul... :)

WOW... what timing... THIS JUST IN...

We would like to thank all of our fans, family and friends for their love and support over the last 10 years, we couldn't have done it without each and every one of you!!

You all played such a huge role in making Godsmack what we are today, and every single one of you are forever a part of our band. From everyone who came out to a show, all the way to those who traveled the world to watch us night after night, your dedication has become the core of this band!

We are now taking a break so we can catch our breath.... but we will be back!!
In the meantime we will be releasing a Greatest Hits collection, which will include our Live Acoustic Show from Las Vegas, and many other special items. Enjoy it!! it's a gift from us to you. More details will be available soon.

Thanks again for 10 great years; we're looking forward to 10 more!

Sully, Robbie, Tony and Shannon

oh, and on THAT note, Another Animal told our competitor to stop saying anything about what band they came from.... hmmmm.... no matter what the message to the fans says, it sounds like Godsmack is DONE to me...
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I like Alterbridge much better than I liked Creed----though I do still listen to Creed and Alterbridge. Alterbridge also just signed with a new record company and they have a new album dropping in a couple of weeks.

Also, I just learned it is Alter Bridge... Not Alterbridge. Oh well.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Collective soul, ugh...

creed, they were a great band but scott stapp ruined it for me, for some reason I woke up one day and hated him, an exact reason I dont have other than this anger feels pure, so i'm going with my stance...

dont get me started on godsmack.. I'm glad to see they're tryin it out with a new lead singer though, I'll give 'em another chance..

(jmo) honestly, if the user fee were used for things like the regatta instead of building up the citys' militia, people might start coming back out again..(jmo)
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Another Animal?

Damn, Steve is getting desperate for work.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Godsmack, the Backstreet Boys of metal.
I'll take Collective Soul any day. I'm a sucker for honesty.
Alterbridge is lucky to be getting 15k on their best day now.

And don't get me started on Rock 105's ownership, I feel bad enough for Jay as it is.
S T E V E A N I M A L

Post by S T E V E A N I M A L »

[quote="daveinthemorning"]Another Animal?

Damn, Steve is getting desperate for work.[/quote]

Did you say work? My full time job is now dealing with the shmucks that get paid at the umemployment office. I've had my check screwed with every damn period because some inept f-tard doesn't really know what the hell they are really suppose to be doing down there any way. I should get paid for doing their job...

Well, if it paid worth a crap I might consider it, but they are working!! That's over stated... They are there in body only! Now I get it... drones!
The cerebral cortex was smoothed out over the years after dealing with depressed people with no hope of ever finding a job here because nobody actually works in this state. They get checks... but they don't work. Tah dah!!

Next looooooser please!

ps... I know the van looks older, but I was there when it arrived in 1994.