WSAZ Meteorologist

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

"Back in my day we didn't have heat waves. Every last one of us walked around with a huge block of ice taped to our ass...and we liked it!" These young kids today...listening to their evil rock-n-roll and smokin their mary-jo-wanna.

uauahhhhgh. It hurts when I pee.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
drunksailor

Post by drunksailor »

It's Justin Ryan leaving. He's going to Detroit for a weekend gig.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Could it be both?
genlock

Post by genlock »

I saw a recent WX promo without Justine but with Amy.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

drunksailor wrote:It's Justin Ryan leaving. He's going to Detroit for a weekend gig.
I'm not surprised. I finally saw some video, and he's good. Could use a little more strength in his voice, a little more "authoritah" in his presence and presentation, and a little more age on him, but he's good and will just keep getting better.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Arp2 wrote:
drunksailor wrote:It's Justin Ryan leaving. He's going to Detroit for a weekend gig.
I'm not surprised. I finally saw some video, and he's good. Could use a little more strength in his voice, a little more "authoritah" in his presence and presentation, and a little more age on him, but he's good and will just keep getting better.
holy crap... did arp just quote cartman???

dammit, and i thought that was a shooting star i saw this morning... it's actually the start of the fire raining from the sky....

and i was sooo close to scoring with that hot new sexetary too... DAMN!!!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

But if all the weather people leave how will we know what its going to do? Oh, guess we'll have to look to the sky.
RedsFan76

Post by RedsFan76 »

Zak Tyler wrote:
Arp2 wrote:
I agree Arp2...in an earlier post, I noted how he was pretty bad 2 years ago, and look at him now; going to a top 10 market. If he has shown this much improvement in 2 years here, I cannot see why he wouldn't improve in Detroit.

By the way, isn't Borak from Detroit? How ironic, Adam Joesph leaves for Philly where Tony is from, now this. Point is, another young talented meteorologist heads for a big market...Philadelphia, Cleveland (Scott Sabol), Detroit all in recent years. Thats a good track record!

Geeee, I wish Amy was leaving though...there are days where I have an Opedipus morning...I want to jab my eyes out with two golden brooches. Amy...YOU ARE NOT FUNNY!!!!!!Try and do the weather, and nothing else. Please polish your voice and stop making those bizzare facial expressions!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Geez, dude lighten up. You know they read this board, too.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:Geez, dude lighten up. You know they read this board, too.
come on dave, we're all pro's here. ya know, thick skin and all.... :)

it's a pretty honest open forum... we've all had to take it at some point. it's all part of putting yourself in the spotlight.

now granted, it's easy to critisize from the outside... but we've all done it. and if this one comment helps the talent improve, that's what it's all about... imho
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I guess I just prefer to talk about people BEHIND their backs, the way God intended it.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:I guess I just prefer to talk about people BEHIND their backs, the way God intended it.
well, ya.... you're right there :)
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Zak Tyler wrote:holy crap... did arp just quote cartman???
:lol: I've had a "Cartman" avatar! You don't remember it? It was from when he was hunting down hippies....I, too, hate hippies. :D

RedsFan76 wrote:I agree Arp2...in an earlier post, I noted how he was pretty bad 2 years ago, and look at him now; going to a top 10 market. If he has shown this much improvement in 2 years here, I cannot see why he wouldn't improve in Detroit.

Sure. He'll keep adding experience, and it'll be "better" experience. He'll (most likely) have better tools, better attire, better image consulting, and better coaching.

Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Arp2 wrote:
Zak Tyler wrote:holy crap... did arp just quote cartman???
:lol: I've had a "Cartman" avatar! You don't remember it? It was from when he was hunting down hippies....I, too, hate hippies. :D
i've retained too much crap in the last 18 months here at work, i'm sure some of the "lighter" things got lost... maybe when the "king" wears out his welcome we can hunt those damned hippies again :)
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Maybe I'll make that switch and then come back with the "Simpsonized" King.....I don't even have to do any work for it!