Flame-baiters against Wheeling

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Actually back in the 80's Man had a Piggly Wiggly, too.

After reading the posts by the Wheeling folks I have seen the light. All of us, from Genlock to Nunley and on down are EXACTLY what you say we are. Its your world, dudes, we're just living in it.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Be careful. If Arbitron enlarged the Parkersburg market to match the TV DMA, we would have 7,000 more people 12+ than Wheeling.

And then we would be the #4 market in WV.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Bob Loblaw wrote: And Zak is a Homo.
shhhhhh, but because of that i get all the hot bitches :)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

Zak Tyler wrote:
You mean like Ryan Seacrest????
genlock

Post by genlock »

Yes, I had forgotten about the Man Piggly-Wiggly.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

I feel rather left out, so...

So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

herdgirl72 wrote:
Zak Tyler wrote:
You mean like Ryan Seacrest????
EGGZAKARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lee

Post by Lee »

I don't even live in West Virginia.

I've never been to Wheeling.

The only markets *I* care about is Huntington/Charleston, and whatever market daveinthemorning pops up at each week, along with Erin and the twin towers.

With that being said, I feel the capital of WVA should be Logan. I hear so many great things about Logan: Streets paved with gold, beautiful women at your beck and call, chocolate trees with gumdrop flowers, sounds utterly delightful!

Wheeling sounds like that one guy who always followed the cool kids around in high school, he was never part of the group...always a "hanger-on."

Wheeling is the "Screech" of West Virginia. Dave and Jay are the "Slater" and "Zach" of West Virginia. And Rocky can be whatever....
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

Tom Taggart wrote:Be careful. If Arbitron enlarged the Parkersburg market to match the TV DMA, we would have 7,000 more people 12+ than Wheeling. And then we would be the #4 market in WV.
That should happen soon enough just by letting Wheeling be Wheeling. :wink:
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

Lee wrote:
Wheeling is the "Screech" of West Virginia. Dave and Jay are the "Slater" and "Zach" of West Virginia. And Rocky can be whatever....

Which one was the showgirl??
That's me!!

Only shorter....
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I always saw Jay and I as more of the Lenny and Sqiggy types, or maybe Ron Jeremy and Peter North.

BTW what exactly is a record monkey?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Lee

Post by Lee »

herdgirl72 wrote:
Lee wrote:

Which one was the showgirl??
That's me!!

Only shorter....
MUCH shorter.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

herdgirl72 wrote:Which one was the showgirl??
That's me!!

Only shorter....
Video?

:twisted:
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

a little tripod action maybe???
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

genlock wrote:Yes, I had forgotten about the Man Piggly-Wiggly.
That was Lee's screen-name on, "To Catch a Predator" last week.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Cameron

Re: Flame-baiters against Wheeling

Post by Cameron »

Talk Junkie wrote:You've got people from Wheeling, Logan, Paw Paw, Beverly, Middlebourne, Moundsville, Bluefield and Cameron posting here.
Does he realize...nevermind.

Wheeling Jamboreeee USAAA Forever!!! Uh...nevermind again.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Talk Junkie wrote: You are all funny in your own little 100W minds. Lest you think that I have no appreciation for humor, ARP 2/ARP/Whatever, is VERY Witty. Props to whatever name he's going by these days, accounting bullsh1t aside. He's not vicious. He's funny AND the voice of reason at the same time. He understands that Kanawha and Logan counties are not the center of the universe, yet closer to the third world. He reminds me of my Holocaust-surviving-third-grade teacher. He corrects my poor grammar and punctuation, yet I don't want to throw eggs at the house.
Hey, Arp. I think this chick digs you. See if you can't get her to send you a pic. Maybe you could end up "correcting her grammar" in person. If worst comes to worst at least she won't throw eggs at your house when you break up with her.

I bet her name is Heather. For some reason girls named Heather take an immediate dislike to me.

Yo! Heather! Arp has pretty high standards. Here's a hint. Read something by Trout and Ries or Kenneth Blanchard. You may want a look at some contemporary conservative literature too. If you can discuss this stuff with him you're more likely to get you some of that. This is PURE GOLD I'm giving you Heather.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Talk Junkie wrote:You probably won't have the balls to let this ride....
I believe the desire to let it stay was unanimous.
You losers need to remember that you live in West Virginia.

(cough)
I drive into, and through your state on a daily basis. I wish that your state had better reception, AM or FM.
Reception is a function of the receiver. My receiver -- working just fine, thank you -- tends to first pick up WV class B stations about 60-80 miles away, just like everywhere else I drive. Even in spite of the terrain.
Maybe you'll get a communication infrastructure someday. Then I could listen to the Pittsburgh stations.
If such an infrastructure existed, why would you choose Pittsburgh?

That's kinda rhetorical....for a long time, I've had the belief that....well, never mind....but that says a whole lot more about you than it does stations in WV.
Are you still runnin' slaves down there in Podunk?
Just the politicians, union bosses, and trial lawyers....just like there in Wheeling. :twisted:
Genlock...doesn't want posts about Wheeling on the forum.

I doubt that very much...what he -- and we, if I may presume -- don't want is the over-the-top, rowdy kids from rival high schools spray-painting their graffiti and stealing each other's mascots here.

(That was a metaphor....I/we don't necessarily think Wheeling folks are still students.)
Genlock is only here to beat down the people that post anything that doesn't have to do with his 5000 W Podunk station.

"Genlock" is in radio and has a station? Really? Gee...what in radio needs gen-locked??

(That was sarcasm and a strong hint that his name, all by itself, proves your statement wrong. It might help to think and/or research before you post.)
And you wonder why it's always the same people posting. It's because the moderators are the most aggressive flamebaiters on the site.
Again....paradigms!

What you're perceiving as "flame-baiting" actually tends to be mini-smackdowns designed to humble posters into gaining a little more perspective before posting like they are.....perspective on the people, the stations, the businesses of the stations, the industry, the players, the area(s), and -- perhaps most importantly -- the community that is this message board.

People -- including moderators -- here aren't poking and prodding you in the hope that you'll keep lashing out; they're slamming the door or gate in your face so that you'll think, "Whoa, what happened there??! How did my nose just get broken and my face smashed?" Once you stop barking, growling, threatening, chasing, and the like and start knocking on the door and trying the knob like a human, you'll see folks stop slamming those doors in your face.

Oh, shoot....that metaphor kinda sets up "dogs" versus "humans".....Wheeling folks might assume that's an attack on a certain AM that goes by "Dawg"...... :roll:
Bob Loblow...lives in WV. That's pretty funny.

Actually, that's pretty funny!
Jay Nunley is fond of sticking up his middle finger.
Look more closely.
The middle finger, mullett and being 100 pounds overweight went out of style in the mid-80's.

...which kinda tells us you were born in the early- to mid-70s. People tend to think that whatever they think peaked right before their teen years (when "cool" was defined!) is forever "out of style."

Paradigms!

A few months ago, a Gen-Xer was kinda complaining that a guy (a middle manager) wasn't worthy of his position because he "wasn't keeping up with the times." You may not believe this, but that complaint was born of little more than the fact that that guy's glasses were a bit bigger than is the current fashion! "You know," I said, "the tiny glasses that are the current fashion aren't 'new' or 'modern'...they're old! They were last big in the 60s, and they were big with the hippies of that time. If (the guy) was repulsed by those 60s hippies and associates those glasses with them, there's no way he's going anywhere near the tiny glasses! It's not that he's not keeping up with the times; it's that his perspective on 'times' is bigger than yours, and his tastes, preferences, desired look, and/or even strength of character are bigger and stronger than passing fad and fashion."

Paradigms!
That's why Jay works at a small station for peanuts....
Jay is the highest-paid broadcast executive in the state, making sextuple even what his TV anchor hottie girlfriend Jessica Ralston makes!

(Did I say that just like I was supposed to, Jay?)
Lest you think that I have no appreciation for humor, ARP 2/ARP/Whatever, is VERY Witty.
Gosh, I thought I was the stiff around here!

I find humor in all kinds of things and crack myself up frequently, but I've been thinking my days of making other people laugh much are pretty much over! Heh....maybe, maybe not.
Props to whatever name he's going by these days....
Big "A," little "r," little "p" is just fine, thanks. It's not common, but it's a name that people have and have had, you know.
He's not vicious. He's funny AND the voice of reason at the same time.

Aw, shucks...!

I'm going to have to go back to the giant-headed avatar if this keeps up!
He understands that Kanawha and Logan counties are not the center of the universe....
No, of course not! Atlanta is the center of the universe!

And that has nothing to do with the old joke, "I'm not sure whether I'm going to Heaven or Hell, but I do know I'll have to change planes in Atlanta, first!"
He reminds me of my Holocaust-surviving-third-grade teacher. He corrects my poor grammar and punctuation, yet I don't want to throw eggs at the house.
Is that an invitation? What was your name, again? :mrgreen:

lovetalkradio wrote:Talk Junkie said what I feel. It's a shame the moderators flame legitimate threads.
Covey and whoever said it before him was right.....everything starts with basic paradigms!
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Arp2 wrote: Jay is the highest-paid broadcast executive in the state, making sextuple even what his TV anchor hottie girlfriend Jessica Ralston makes!

(Did I say that just like I was supposed to, Jay?)
You got all of it exactly right except the "executive" part. I'm more of a mid level henchman or possibly a chief goon.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Cameron wrote:
genlock wrote:Yes, I had forgotten about the Man Piggly-Wiggly.
That was Lee's screen-name on, "To Catch a Predator" last week.
Yeah, I was gonna give this 14 year old chick a whole ham...turned out it was Chris Hanson. ZOUNDS!!

Then I "fainted" and hit my head on the bar.

Can't wait to see that tonight!