Ratings are out and WKKX just whooped some major @ss!

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

:?: Very interesting, Maddog. And the source of this info??

Radio and Records has nothing for Wheeling, while All Access has the spring '07 book --but with the following note:

"#249 Wheeling, WV NOTE: ARBITRON released subscribing stations only; Updated 7/31/2007"

Apparently Key Market is in a tiff with the Caliph of Columbia.

Note: Arbitron is going to get itself sued over this. Embargoing or not releasing subscriber data to those subscribing stations who have a dispute with Arbitron is one thing. Excluding stations who would otherwise make reporting standards from publicly released 12+ listings is another. By publishing partial 12+ listings (that is, by allowing their release to the public through trade publications) Arbitron implies that those stations not listed did not have sufficient audience to meet those minimum reporting criteria. That, in my 'umble opinion, would be a firm basis for legal action based on the theory that Arbitron intentionally set out to damage the business reputation of those non-listed stations in an effort to coerce them to either subscribe or settle any subscription dispute they have with Arbitron.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

WOMP-FM is a 0.6?

8O
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

AM
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Former WOMP-FM is now "Jack" WYJK. For outsiders, the non-CC stations are WUKL--Oldies-Bethlehem~Wheeling, WOGH, Country-Steubenville, WYJK, Jack, Bellaire, and WOMP AM ESPN-- all Key Market stations. WCDK is classic rock, Cadiz-Steubenville, Priority (believe that is the corporate name--Jay Philopone owner); WAMO-Sheridan-Urban/Pittsburgh; WDVE-Rock-Pittsburgh-CC; WBNV-AVC-Barnesville-AC; WKKX-1600 AM-Talk- Wheeling, and WVLY, 1370, Moundsville, Talk.

The rest of the stations are CC. OVK is country, WKWK is AC, WEGW is classic rock, WWVA is talk, WVKF is something, CHR, I believe, and WBBD-AM (old 14WK) still big band/MOYL?
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Thanks!

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

Tom Taggart wrote:Former WOMP-FM is now "Jack" WYJK.
Which will get the 0.6 rating next time.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."