Bill Ferrebee has died.

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Oldiesdude

Bill Ferrebee has died.

Post by Oldiesdude »

A fellow broadcaster and a great person Bill Ferrebee, past away at Ruby Memorial Hospital. He had been diagnosed with myodysplasia MDS that could turn into acute leukemia.
Bill, was undergoing Chemo, at the hospital, and died from, sepsis where the body has too many toxins and not enough oxygen, as a result from the Chemo.
He, worked for 93R & WXCR-FM is St. Marys WV and had also been part of the Festival of Memories held the last two years in New Martinsville, as a past DJ from WETZ-AM. I am very saddened by this news and my prayers go out to his family and friends.

Carman
I'm just happy to know the Dougger!
wathomas

Post by wathomas »

Sorry to hear of Bill's passing.
I gave him his first job in the biz, and have some fond and funny memories of his time in New Martinsville.
May he rest in peace
Greg Goodfellow

Bill Ferrebee

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Bill was one of the most friendly people you could ever meet. He would do anything for you. We on the WRSG advisory board valued his input and expertise. I am going to miss him greatly. Please keep his wife Becki in your prayers. She is a fantastic lady, and her students (past and present) adore her.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen