Chas Numbers

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dr Fever

Post by Dr Fever »

webdesignguy wrote:Well....if someone gave me a station to program, I would own Charleston. I'd just play local....oh crap!

Sorry...this thread has already been done! By bad!
haaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa..... :lol: :lol:
"Children are like TV sets. When they start acting weird, whack them across the head with a big rubber basketball shoe."
-Hunter S. Thompson
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Zak Tyler wrote:i will say this emo crap is not it, my chemical romance was one of the openers for LP the other night, i was really diggin their show til the lead singer went into a dialogue before the 3rd to last song. and i quote: "i've sucked more dick than any of you BOYS out there, where are my BOYS at, stand up BOYS, take your shirts off BOYS, throw them up here"

pole smokers (lemme just say there's plenty wrong with that) don't make rebellious rockers (that appeal to men anyway, BOYS maybe) f'n girl pant wearin' twinks

[/semi-rant] sorry
Man, I really hate to hear that, as MCR is about the best emo band out there. And flaunting homosexuality is, well...a very "un-rock" thing to do anyway...

But, this is the 21st century. What do us homophobic geezers know about cool...

:lol:

"Welcome To the Black Parade" still rocks, though. I think...

Bob Cambell wrote:I always thought Z-rock was there as a loss leader for QBE just to make sure 105 didn't get up to the 9 or so share level where it should be. Not sure they care if there are any spots on it or not. It would be interesting if they went Active and brought in a morning show younger than 60.
Really though--this is probably the best argument the anti-consolidation crowd has... Is putting a similar format on an also-ran station that nobody cares about just to cut into a competitor's market share really serving the general public? Or is it really less choice for the public?

Clear Channel is notorious for this tactic... They'll put duplicate formats on stations that they know will lose money for years just to be a thorn in a competitor's side. They're also just about the only company who can afford to do this.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Bob Campbell wrote:I think it's only eleven jazz fans in WV Nunley. The other one moved to Charlotte.
Well, they would be out of luck there as well, because currently there is no SJ outlet in Charlotte, either.

Kinda odd for a market that size...
S T E V E A N I M A L

Post by S T E V E A N I M A L »

Bob Campbell wrote:I always thought Z-rock was there as a loss leader for QBE just to make sure 105 didn't get up to the 9 or so share level where it should be.
I truly believe the consistancy of going through... follow along now, you know the station; 1 GM, 2 GM's, 3 GM's, 4! All within 4 years time, just ads to the excitement of... maintaining a 6 to 7 share? No applause, just another beer please!

Sorry, my 2 daily shows at 6 to 10am and 3 to 7pm have been canceled due to head in rectum syndrome. Can we have a new format change please? No need to service a new generation!! Anybody have a colostomy bag that needs emptied? Plenty of music out there to drain one by!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

K-Rock wrote:Welcome To the Black Parade" still rocks, though. I think...
yeah, i still totally dig that song!!! BUT.....................
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

What's an "emo band"?

:?
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Screaming, angry pussies with loud guitars and drums.

Former Goth kids now in their twenties and doing coke.

Whiny punks that you just want to beat the crap out of but who are still young enough and tough enough to probably beat the crap out of you...which just makes them even more annoying.

Guys that you look at and want to say, "Yeah, so what if your mommy refused to wipe your butt for you after you turned 10! That does not mean your whole life is misearable and torturous! Grow up...and grow a set while you're at it, you pussy!"

You know....DailyKos readers and liberal bloggers! :twisted:
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Arp2 wrote:You know....DailyKos readers and liberal bloggers! :twisted:
Gosh, I thought you were talking about all of Karl Rove's 'lil Neo-con robots.

Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Stop it.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Hey, you gotta admit it....my description had a whole lot o' truth to it! :lol:

Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

From Wikipedia, god-awful grammar and punctuation and all:
Personality

When referring to a person's personality and attitude, most definitions of emo hold that an emo person is emotionally candid, sensitive, shy, introverted, glum, and quiet. Depressed and broken-hearted are sometimes used to describe the emo personality. Emo music and poetry contain multiple references to unrequited love, emotional and relationship problems. Being melodramatic or overly emotional is also often associated with being emo.

Fashion

By almost all current definitions, Emo clothing is characterized by tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straightened hair, tight t-shirts which often bear the names of rock bands (or other designed shirts), studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old and beaten up) and, if they wear glasses, they will often be thick, black horn-rimmed glasses. Emo fashion has changed with time; early trends included haircuts similar to those worn by the Romulans and Vulcans in Star Trek, tightly fitting sweaters, button-down shirts, and work jackets (often called gas station jackets).

Criticism

In the years since emo music's rise in popularity, it has attracted severe criticism. Emo has been characterized as a fad that will be discarded and forgotten in the near future. Critics cast the fashion as "embarrassing," and the people as imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable homes.

Emo people are portrayed as melodramatic, self-pitying teenagers who pour their efforts into writing depressing poetry. Contemporary emo has been called a "sad caricature" of what it once was. Some have accused emo of celebrating self-injury or suicide, which those who do usually refer to "helping ease the pain". However, physical trauma triggers the release of beta-endorphins, which enhances relaxation and reduces physical pain. Some assert that within some emo circles, many pretend to be suicidal and self-harming as a way to gain acceptance, regardless of whether it is true or not.
One characterization that I think is being missed:

-- Very often very close to crying while lashing out in one way or another to hide it.

...but I'd be just about the last person to be any kind of expert on emo.... :lol:

fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

seem to hit the nail on the head.... :lol:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
The-Hammer

Post by The-Hammer »

How many Emos does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just sit in the dark and cry.
Anthony DiNozzo: "I'm a white male between the ages of 18 and 49 with a loud mouth and a gun. I am the American Dream."

"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it" - Ambrose's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yay for emo humor!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"My emo friend's hair ate his face."

"I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend, but could you go cut yourself elsewhere?"

If a blonde and an emo kid jump off a building and hit the ground at the same time, who dies first?
The blonde, she drowns in the emo kid's tears.

What do you call 1000 emos at the bottom of the ocean?
A good start.

Ok ok... I'll stop googling.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

SHOCKLEY

Post by SHOCKLEY »

lol!!!

LMFAO!!
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

FearPeddler wrote:Image
Oh my.

Probably spiders, too...
Brian Thompson

Post by Brian Thompson »

Steve, could East Coast Tees whip up a few of these?
Last edited by Brian Thompson on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know, it's annoying right?
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

that's a good one..