Worst on air silenced

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

Worst on air silenced

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I just can't resist this...I made my annual trek to Summersville this week. I just had to watch WOAY to see the latest lineup of victims trying to do news. Surprisingly, when I watched Wednesday evening, they weren't half bad. (Okay-Keke Vencill (sp?) wasn't half bad. The sports guy acted like he was enjoying some pharmaceuticals.) However, the sound on their 6-6:30 a.m. Thursday offering was OFF the entire show! The ABC news came on just fine afterwards. Nice to see that some things never change. Oh, yes...I've watched this wretched excuse for a station over the course of 17 years, and I swear they are still using the same set. This includes the same fake flowers behind the anchors. Unbelievable.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

Did they do the news in mime or American Sign Language?
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Airwaves

Post by Airwaves »

It is sad, but the "silent treatment" happens regularly- WOAY still goes to bed nightly, and often has trouble waking up. When will a big-timer buy them out?
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

I've heard many tales about that station but have never seen their product.... anyone got a youtube link??
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

I have a video card. I can hook the cable into the back of it and upload video once I figure out how to do it.

And yes, the set hasn't changed since the 80's...