Need Some Help

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

And if that doesn't work, Chris, just continue to blare Bocephus on the trusty old 8-track.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Chris Lawrence wrote:but I DO know how to make moonshine. Not many newsmen can make that claim.
...or field dress a deer, run a trout line, call a turkey, load your own shells, and what bear tastes like.
Chris Lawrence

Post by Chris Lawrence »

Stop it Nunley...I'm getting a little emotional here.

It's not from a lack of trying. I tried to make Spike into an outdoorsman, but every time I brought guns into the studio he kept soiling himself. I dont' make a habit of that...but if I'm going hunting after work...I'd rather not leave them in the truck at 3:45am on Virginia St.

The same thing nearly happened with Lynette Maselli when I brought a snake into the studio. I try to expose our employees to some culture...and you see what happens.

Jennifer Smith nearly lost her mind when I had a guy doing a turkey call demonstration in the studio.

Sigh. I ate some haggus prepared by his Royal Spikeness and I gotta tell you, it was just like bear casserole, quite tasty.
"If you're too busy to go fishing....you're too busy, rightO..." Lew Childre
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Funniest exchange ever broadcast on Charleston radio...

Me: I don't like snakes.

Chris Lawrence: What you have to remember is that there have only been six deaths from snake bites in the mountain state in the past decade... and five of them were in church.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
cgarison

Re: Need Some Help

Post by cgarison »

Chris Lawrence wrote: Is this a standard face plate for all Chevrolets and mine just happens to be one without the MP3 hardware? Or perhaps, the likely answer, Lawrence is a moron and probably shouldn't even be allowed to drive the truck--let alone work with heavy machienry like an I-Pod.
I was recently test driving a 2008 Silverado LTZ HD and noted that it had MP3 written on the radio but did not have an input jack for my iPod. So I took this to mean that I had to burn my music to a data CD like Loblaw stated or I was going to need a radio transmitter thingys for my iPod.

BTW... I did not buy the truck. I would rather keep the land yacht another year and get a new camera body. Never thought I would want another DSLR more than a new car. I must be sick.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
David Paleg

Re: Need Some Help

Post by David Paleg »

cgarison wrote:or I was going to need a radio transmitter thingys for my iPod.
That would not make a difference on whether it plays MP3s or not. The "transmitter thingy" would play anything broadcast over it, whether it be MP3s, WAVs, Powerpoint presentations, cassettes, 8-tracks, or if you were able to drive with a turntable bouncing on the passenger seat.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
oldtvman2

Post by oldtvman2 »

I just checked with a local Dodge dealer about this and he said that the new car cd players should play standard cds and mp3 cds with no problem. he also said that some home made cds will not play in the new cars. but you should have no problem with commercial cds. he also said that there would be great uprising if everyone had to buy new cds for a new car.
REV. ED
Chris Lawrence

Post by Chris Lawrence »

My dad tells me he once hooked up a turntable in his 1956 Buick and set it in the shotgun seat. (that's the passenger side Spike) Naturally, things didn't work out too well, it was a long Saturday of shade tree tinkering that wound up adding little to his Elvis and Buddy Holley album experience.

He went on to reveal another weekend of grunting and cussing as he installed glass pack mufflers--only to learn from a Virginia Highway Patrol officer that night they were illegal in Virginia. Oops.
"If you're too busy to go fishing....you're too busy, rightO..." Lew Childre
lastone

Post by lastone »

There was a "juke box" style record player for cars in the late 50's. Everything was spring loaded, even the tone arm, and 45's didn't last long. But it worked.
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.