The Onion spoofs the RIAA junk

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Force Commander

The Onion spoofs the RIAA junk

Post by Force Commander »

This is from a recent edition of The Onion (www.theonion.com):
RIAA Bans Telling Friends About Songs. The Recording Industry Association of America announced Tuesday that it will be taking legal action against anyone discovered telling friends, acquaintances or associates about new songs, artists or albums. "We are merely exercising our right to defend our intellectual properties from unauthorized peer-to-peer notification of the existence of copyrighted material," a press release signed by RIAA anti-piracy director Brad Buckles read. "We will aggressively prosecute those individuals who attempt to pirate our property by generating ‘buzz’ about any proprietary music, movies or software, or enjoy same in the company of anyone other than themselves." RIAA attorneys said they were also looking into the legality of word-of-mouth "favorites-sharing" sites, such as coffee shops, universities and living rooms.
Thanks Arp2, I learned how to use the quote button! :lol:
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
David Paleg

Re: The Onion spoofs the RIAA junk

Post by David Paleg »

Force Commander wrote:Songs... Recording... songs... copyrighted material... our property... proprietary music, movies or software...
Though you did not mention any specific titles, just talking about their stuff means you owe them $12,000 dollars.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

By simply reading this thread, you must remit $1,000 to the RIAA or they will seize your first born.
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

fanofbigmedia wrote:By simply reading this thread, you must remit $1,000 to the RIAA or they will seize your first born.
Didn't the fuel companies already have a claim on him or her?

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."