How bad dose Jack Fm suck??

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

michael heath

How bad dose Jack Fm suck??

Post by michael heath »

How many of yal dont like jack fm? Im just asking around thats all...
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

I guess lots of people around here don't like it because WKAZ-FM dropped it after a few months and bad ratings.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Jack is synonymous with failure. 'nuff said.
takemetoemstar

bad bad bad mgt. decision

Post by takemetoemstar »

i thought it was the worst programming mistake of the century...... then i recalled them (stupid ass KEY MARKET) simulcasting 103.5 back in the early 90's. But i digress, BIG BIG mistake and ratings show it by them slipping to #7 in market.

alos, i understand sales ppl are jumping ship b/c they cannot sell crap product.

bring back WOMP-FM
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

fanofbigmedia wrote:Jack is synonymous with failure. 'nuff said.
Jack was a failure, but some of the "Jack" 'offed style stations have been modified and made a success. Greater Media's BEN-FM now has a morning show for the AM Drive Time, but is jockless the rest of the day and on weekends.

Jack was not loved. Ben has love and is backed by the music libraries of WMMR and WMGK here in Philly.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

fanofbigmedia wrote:Jack is synonymous with failure. 'nuff said.
Here in Nashville, Jack FM is the top three 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54.

Not every situation has turned out great for it, but Jack has had its share of success, particularly P25-54 (#6 in Seattle, #5 in San Diego, #4 in Kansas City, #5 in San Antonio.)

And, yes, many of the other Variety Hits/Adult Hits stations are doing well (P25-54: Arch #2 in St. Louis, Bob #3 in Pittsburgh, Bob #1 in Austin.) It hasn't been an across-the-board success, but it hasn't been the burnout that many predicted when the format broke big in the U.S. in the summer of 2005.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

When WCBS Oldie's 101.1 was Jack four two years at least. The format wasn't any success at all for the New York number 1. I think it was a great move on CBS Radio part to bring back Oldies 101.1 Fm.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Jack in NYC did actually crack the top 10 right before they pulled the plug. It only took them two years to do it...

The new CBS-FM sounds great. Far better than Jack ever did. Now it will go back to being a consistent top 5 again.

Speaking of the Jack format, even though it lost Charleston, it gained a rimshot in Houston. Hair rocker KIOL 103.7 was sacrificed at Jack's satanic alter. Appearantly, this station also had some heritage, and the natives are already pissed... :razz:

Odd timing considering PPM has rock way up in Houston...
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

I think if im not 100% mistakeing the pepole in NY really miss Oldie's 101.1 Fm. The last song before the jack fm died and return to its oldie's format should have been hit the road jack dont you come back no more.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Oh yeah, Jack is still on CBS' HD-2 stream.

But since almost nobody has HD Radio, they probably have 5 listeners. In morning drive.

:)
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

That's right they do! I think its boring with no jocks on there plus it can do better since they stream Jack Fm on ther HD radio now.
Adam X

Post by Adam X »

I know WOMP wasn't exactly setting the world on fire towards the end they were still light years ahead of JACK.

I do like some of the stuff Jack plays but in a market jammed full of country, sudo-rap/top 40, a slightly improving rock station and The Yap Dawg....well it would be nice to get a decent listen around again.
Coming soon.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

K-Rock wrote:Jack in NYC did actually crack the top 10 right before they pulled the plug. It only took them two years to do it...

The new CBS-FM sounds great. Far better than Jack ever did. Now it will go back to being a consistent top 5 again...
It is funny that CBS Radio or Viacoim or whoever the hell they were when they pulled the plug on Oldies 101 WCBS in NYC, left Oldies 98.1WOGL-FM alone in Philly. We kept the Motown, the soul, and all the buuble gum from the 60's and 70's.

I think the flips on WCBS were to keep the call signs from being played during the TimeWarners' (HBO) Sopranos. It is funny that Jack left the airwaves after the second half of the final season was filmed.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

cgarison wrote:It is funny that CBS Radio or Viacoim or whoever the hell they were when they pulled the plug on Oldies 101 WCBS in NYC, left Oldies 98.1WOGL-FM alone in Philly.
I suspect that's only because Greater Media beat Viacom to the punch by putting 95.7 Ben FM on the air in March 2005.
On Twitter: @LouPickney