Gig In Parkersburg

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Brian G.

Gig In Parkersburg

Post by Brian G. »

As posted on All Access, etc. by me:

Afternoons in WV

WGGE (Froggy 99) in Parkersburg, WV is in immediate need of an afternoon drive jock. My current guy is packing up and heading out soon, and I want this filled now! Possibility to become APD if you are the right person. Ideal candidate has at least 2 years on-air experience and can use Scott Studios and Selector. The ability to juggle several tasks and get them all done…correctly…the first time…is a plus. There are possibilities of stuff happening for you on other stations inside the cluster too. The Mid-Ohio Valley is a great place to live and work, so find it on a map and see if it’s for you. We are the #1 station in the area, but it’s still market 250 so don’t get crazy thinking about what it might pay. Think you can handle it? Rush your stuff to #5 Rosemar Circle Parkersburg, WV 26104 Attn: Brian Guthrie. Phone calls will be ignored. Results Radio is and EEO company.
genlock

Post by genlock »

It's not Wheeling, but it's something.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I like the fact that they chose honesty to sell the job.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
ashton

Post by ashton »

Brian, everyone knows that you should start any job posting with "Top 10 Market". Geez. I have to teach you people everything from the beach. If I ran a radio station, lemme tell you. It would be all local bands all the time. We would have a 107 share and fire all the sales staff. No need for a sales staff. We'd only have one commercial an hour.. for a strip club. Those kinds of places are swanky and pay lots for the airtime.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Parkeesburg is a top 10 market (In West Virginia).
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

It's at least got 10 strip clubs.
PassiveObserver

Post by PassiveObserver »

...one right down the street from me. Strippers all the time, mowing the grass, trimming the hedges, etc.
"Being a bastard works." - Spider Jerusalem