Yet Another WV northern panhandle CP sought

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Tom Jones

Yet Another WV northern panhandle CP sought

Post by Mr. Tom Jones »

Another from the legal ads:
Public Notice
Kol Ami Havurah of Benwood, WV, through its officers and directors, Bryan French of Benwood, WV; Sally Arnold of Moundsville, WV; Regina Ledbetter of Benwood, WV; and Gerald & Patricia Van Scyoc of Shadyside, OH will apply on October 12th, 2007 for a construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission to construct a non-commercial educational Class-A FM radio broadcast station on 90.7 MHz to be licensed to Moundsville, WV. The proposed studio and transmission facilities of the station will be located at Benwood Hill Road at 39 degrees 59' 39" NL; 80 degrees 42' 40" WL with an Effective Radiated power of 225 watts and an antenna hieght of 23 meters above ground level.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

That's probably WVJW-LP (94.1) trying to migrate to a higher powered non-comm frequency assignment ...

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

:?: What's with the legal notices?

FCC regulations only require local public notice after you file an application, not before. The filing window does not open until October.

Although I would give Bryan a better chance to win over the Hare Krishnas on comparative factors, this will be a tough one to fit in technically. He'll be adjacent to WDUQ Pittsburgh (90.5, 25 kw at 146 meters AHAAT).

The FCC's service area map shows only the 60 dbu, a new station on 90.7 must protect the 54 dbu, which I guesstimate as falling somewhere near Cabela's. Then there is WVPM, 90.9, Morgantown, that will place a 54 near Cameron. (The co-channel is WMCO, New Concord, which is a small "A" about 45 miles away)
genlock

Post by genlock »

I don't know about Bryan's edge.
Would this be the first Hare Krishna service in the area (or nation)?
Maybe it will be a talk format to compete with WKKX?
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

genlock wrote:Maybe it will be a talk format to compete with WKKX?
You can not compete with WKKX. It is stupendous. It is the most stupendous station every in the history of all radio.

Go Bloomguy
Mr. Tom Jones

Post by Mr. Tom Jones »

fanofbigmedia wrote:You can not compete with WKKX. It is stupendous. It is the most stupendous station every in the history of all radio.

Go Bloomguy
Last time I checked, "Bloomguy" was on WWVA.

Dunno about his ratings (or lack of). From the comments on this board, it would appear Wheeling, WV radio isn't really much of a topic.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Irony. Lost on everyone.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

fanofbigmedia wrote:Irony. Lost on everyone.
Nope. I LOVED it! Actually considered adding it to my Sig line ...

:D
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.